Sinorussotubeaphobia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by km6xz View Post
    To beat this thread further.....whatever your great work accomplishes in making it a god amp, they are going to put a dozen 741 opamps in front of it in freaking chained stompboxes and not change their active pickup battery for 2 years.
    LOL! Spit take! Now my keyboard needs cleaning. Where should I send the bill???
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      LOL! Spit take! Now my keyboard needs cleaning. Where should I send the bill???
      HAH! After my original keyboard gave up the ghost, got a Kensington "waterproof" from Office Max. I forget 'zackly how much but I got change from a $20 bill, and it's put up with everything ever since. Highly recommended.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

From my experience power tubes are easier than pre amp tubes. It seems I have to buy, approximately, twice as many pre amp tubes as needed. Mostly the return policy has been fair. Sometimes I've porked up the big $$ and gotten tubes from known vendors sometimes from the back pages of internet. In all, for me, the way to go is to have a little stash with known good tubes, as it's more or less impossible to know what's getting shipped.
        In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

To avoid problems with buying new production tubes, the simple solution for me was to stop buying tubes from CE Dist altogether and purchase them locally from Mojotone, who buys its tubes from CE Dist. How's that for irony?

If you have a dealer account at Mojotone, when you buy matched sets they pre-screen and burn in all power tubes before matching them, and the price is exactly the same as from CE Dist.

Never had a bad tube from Eurotubes or from Mojotone. Never had an issue sending back bad tubes to New Sensor
          Last edited by Tone Meister; 09-23-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X