• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online circuit design and PCB layout

I was looking over a few blogs I read and this cropped up:

Autodesk 123D -- Sandbox
    circuits.io

Basically its a full schematic and layout editor and it has options for breadboard layouts and PCB layouts. I've only just looked at it now but it looks pretty cool. It has features for sharing schems and whatnot for community editing.
    Just thought I'd share. You can add you own components and import files from eagle too.

Mmmmmmhhhhh , I just checked and have some strong doubts.
    Whatever you design remains in *their* server, *anybody* can order a PCB with *your* design, if you don't pay regularly you lose access to your own work, you can order PCBs only from them, at an unspecified price, etc.

I much prefer Express PCB, which downloads to your own PC, where you keep everything.
    You can order PCBs from Express, but if you want to print your own on a Laser and home make it, fine.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Haven't tried it, and don't know if you have to buy your boards from them, but this freeware from Sunstone might be of interest to you:

PCB Software | PCB Design Software | Sunstone PCB123

Comment

I use ExpressPCB for guitar amp schematics but for PCBs I use TinyCAD and FreePCB. They are small and everything is on your PC. TinyCAD will automatically generate spreadsheet BOMs and FreePCB generates RS274X Gerbers and Excellon files (unlike ExpressPCB) so you can get your PCBs from anywhere.

Comment

That freeware looks like it could be the right alternative for some projects. Right now I'm using EAGLE almost exclusively. But I'm always on the lookout for some good complements. Is Sandbox much different from EAGLE freeware?

Comment

Originally posted by raiken View Post
            Haven't tried it, and don't know if you have to buy your boards from them, but this freeware from Sunstone might be of interest to you:

PCB Software | PCB Design Software | Sunstone PCB123
            I looked at the site and I was unable to find an OS specification for the software. I guess that means that it's going to be Windows only?
            "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Their tutorial videos certainly just seem to show Windows.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
              X