1st pickups few questions: Spray on enamal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st pickups few questions: Spray on enamal

Can you guys recommend some spray on enamel for coating the bobbins & bar magnets in Canada? I was thinking Tremclad High Heat Enamel Spray | Canadian Tire

I don't want to use a lacquer. Too messy and I read from other posts lacquer is too soft anyway.

In an S/S/S arrangement typically should all the pole piece orientations and the direction of the windings be the same in all three pickups?

Originally posted by WesPalladini View Post
    Can you guys recommend some spray on enamel for coating the bobbins & bar magnets in Canada? I was thinking Tremclad High Heat Enamel Spray | Canadian Tire

I don't want to use a lacquer. Too messy and I read from other posts lacquer is too soft anyway.

In an S/S/S arrangement typically should all the pole piece orientations and the direction of the windings be the same in all three pickups?
    You can wind all three pickups the same, or make the middle different than the other two.
    I wind the neck and middle CCW South up, and the middle CW North up.
    That makes the RWRP, and you get hum canceling in position 2 & 4.
    You can make them however, and have hum canceling, as long as neck an bridge are one way and the middle the other.
    If you don't want to dip like Leo did, just run tape around the magnets before you wind the bobbin.
    That keeps the wire from shorting to the magnets.
    Everyone pretty much comes up with their own techniques on what they like on vintage type single coils.
    As far as I know it all works!
    Good Luck,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Working...
    X