Problem with Kurzweil PC2x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Kurzweil PC2x

Hello guys! I've bought a PC2x not so long ago, and the ModWheel stopped working! Someone can help me? No problem with Pitch Wheel or everything else.

The wheel is attached to a control potentiometer.
    So you need to verify if the pot functions.
    Is the resistance of the pot correct.
    When the wheel is rotated, is there any change when you measure the resistance from the wiper (middle leg) to either end?
    If the control pot functions normally, there is a board that the pot attaches to.
    Check the soldering on it.
    It may need to be reflowed.
    Short of that, you will need a service manual.
    Assembly Photo: Kurzweil Pitch Bend/Mod Wheel Assembly

Comment

Before you open it up, check your parameters to see that the Mod Wheel range is not now set to zero or some other number the computer cannot interpret. I cannot tell you how many times I have faced a synth or a drum machine with dead output on one side, and the reason was the output was all panned to the other side.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've opened it, and by the service manual, everything seems to be ok, in the range, is really set to zero, that's why I am so confused, first, the problem started when I was using to give a vibrato to my leads but it stopped caming to zero again, then it stopped also controlling the bar of KB-3 mode, and then... Now it sends no value at all, I can't do anything with this Mod Wheel

Comment

Working...
        X