new small winder from WSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    If I buy one or build a new one it will have top going capability right and left.
    I thought you don't like the left side?

I never use the left side, and in fact, I can't. On those rare times I need to wind in reverse I wind it top coming. It's all the same thing.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I wind most things on the right, but some things I don't like to flip, I wind on the left.
      It's just a bonus to have both sides IMO.
      I never did get used to the bobbin coming at me at the top.
      So reversing for me is not an option.
      Like I said just whatever you like.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

I never did get used to the bobbin coming at me at the top.
        It's the same thing, only the wire is feeding to the bottom of the bobbin instead of the top. I wind on the same side and use the same guides, etc.

You are setting lots of limitations up for yourself. It's kind of like saying you can only play a Tele and not a Strat.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          It's the same thing, only the wire is feeding to the bottom of the bobbin instead of the top. I wind on the same side and use the same guides, etc.

You are setting lots of limitations up for yourself. It's kind of like saying you can only play a Tele and not a Strat.
          Everyone has their ways of doing things.
          Let it go! Give it a Rest!
          You have ways you like to do things, and so do the rest of us.
          We don't all have to do things exactly like you do.
          That doesn't make anything right or wrong, just different.
          You never seem to be able to except that we all do things we like, and do differently.
          When guys get on here and say what they like or how they do things, can't you just say OK and move on?
          Like you're compelled to change everyone, Why?
          I still don't get it!
          DS you're a smart, good guy, but can't you give the rest of us some space?
          T
          Last edited by big_teee; 12-06-2013, 09:00 AM.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

I still don't get it!
            I don't get it either, that's why I'm asking. I see no reason to your reasoning sometimes.

Comment

I'm Old, wore out, Retired, Left Handed, dyslexic, and basically don't give a sh@% most of the time, so cut me some Slack!
              T
              Terry

Comment

I would think if you were left handed you would want the bobbin on the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  I would think if you were left handed you would want the bobbin on the left side.
                  Is this still bothering you?
                  I've moved on, I'm not going to buy one anyway!
                  Use whatever you want too.
                  As far as being LH, on some things I use one hand as equally poor as the other hand.
                  I guess that makes me a Half-Ass ambidextrous.
                  42 years of doing right hand CommTech Installation!
                  I still wind with my 1/2" Dewalt Cordless drill, it winds both directions.
                  I mainly wind on the right, it fits my desk and shop better, but I can flip it around and wind on the left side if I want to.
                  I've made hundreds of pickups with it.
                  If it quits I may do something else.
                  With my limited eyes, I see the wire better on the top.
                  Yes I have good lighting, and yes I use a background under the wire to make it easier to see.
                  I have some, but don't use PE, because of course the expense, but It is much harder to see.
                  I see the bright SPN Natural the best, and red next.
                  That should be enough explanation of why, and what I do, if not I can't help you.
                  I'm probably not replying to this thread again, it's gotten boring.
                  Have fun with it, I'm Done!
                  T
                  Last edited by big_teee; 12-30-2013, 08:35 PM.
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X