new small winder from WSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new small winder from WSC

I tried the prototype a few years back at the namm show and its head and shoulders above whats typically availible pre made. very heavy duty.
    I dont know if its priced yet but I know they are ready with it WSC Scatter Winding Machine, The "HOOVER" - YouTube
    If I hadnt already made my own I would buy one

looks nice, but I think I'd like the spindle on the other side so I could feed right handed and have my left hand on the controls

<step 7 - Actural winding> heh, heh!

cheers,
    Jack Briggs

sigpic
    www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

The right hand end of the winder is not shown. Perhaps Jason can let us know if you can also wind on the right side. (A google search turned up only this page and the YouTube video.)

Steve Ahola
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:
      https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Aloha Steve

Put you glasses on and watch the end of the video.

Cheers
        Andrew
        Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
        The right hand end of the winder is not shown. Perhaps Jason can let us know if you can also wind on the right side. (A google search turned up only this page and the YouTube video.)

Steve Ahola

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
          Put you glasses on and watch the end of the video.
          So can you wind on the right side of the winder as viewed from the front or not? Repeated viewings have not cleared up that point for me. (What one person views on a webpage is not necessarily what someone else views.)

Steve Ahola
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:

Comment

Hi Steve

Excuse me for being a bit dim, but looking at the video WSC Scatter Winding Machine, The "HOOVER" - YouTube 2.13min I would have thought that it's quite obvious that you can't wind on the right hand side or maybe i'm missing something. I'm quite open for any correction !

Cheers

Andrew
            So can you wind on the right side of the winder as viewed from the front or not? Repeated viewings have not cleared up that point for me. (What one person views on a webpage is not necessarily what someone else views.)

Steve Ahola

Comment

Steve Ahola
              Steve,

Look at the video at about 2:15. You'll see that the right hand side has no output for the spindle shaft, hence - no right hand winding. That's what I'm seeing, anyway.......

Cheers,
              Jack Briggs

sigpic
              www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                2.13min I would have thought that it's quite obvious that you can't wind on the right hand side or maybe i'm missing something. I'm quite open for any correction !
                I skipped over that part and didn't see that the motor is reversible so there is no absolute need to wind from the right side. My bad!

Steve
                The Blue Guitar
                www.blueguitar.org
                Some recordings:

Comment

I wind best on the right side top going.
                  I wouldn't want a winder that I could only wind on the left, even if it is reversible.
                  But, that is just me.
                  I do over 95% of my winding on the right.
                  T
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

OK here is the YouTube video cued up to the 5 second segment in which the right side is shown.

WSC Scatter Winding Machine, The "HOOVER" - YouTube
                    The Blue Guitar
                    www.blueguitar.org
                    Some recordings:

Comment

It looks like a heavy duty machine.
                      It looks expensive, I've not seen any prices on it.
                      I will stick to my right hand home brew machine.
                      T
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

Find an old Adams Maxwell machine, stupid simple, impossible to kill, I have 2 and one I built from parts of dead ones, I do my machine winds and my hand winds on it. Seymour uses one as well. They can be expensive but will likely last a lifetime.....
                        http://www.SDpickups.com
                        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Has anyone got any info on where to get one of these yet? I have emailed WSC and still haven't heard back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                            I wind best on the right side top going.
                            I wouldn't want a winder that I could only wind on the left, even if it is reversible.
                            But, that is just me.
                            I do over 95% of my winding on the right.
                            T
                            I wind only on the right side too, but I think you would get used to it after the first bobbin. You can spin this either way, and in use it won't make any difference which side the motor is on. There's the bobbin and there's the wire guide. That's the only part you need to look at. It's only a limitation you are putting on it in your mind.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

It is just what you like and want in a winder.
                              If I buy one or build a new one it will have top going capability right and left.
                              Use yours however you like!
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X