Ampeg SVT Classic - Service Bulletins and Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg SVT Classic - Service Bulletins and Schematics

Attached are 4 technical service bulletins and various schematics for the SVT Classic bass head from the SLM era. I can't say this is a complete archive.
    Attached Files

thanks for posting the TSB. i have a pair of 2 Pro that might be covered by the TSB (an early one and a later one), so I'll be sure to check the serial numbers.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Here's another one
      Attached Files

Comment

and another
        Attached Files

Comment

Thansk again everyone. I'm still missing the part of the schematic i need. The schematic that's for the driver board with the 12ax7 and the 2 12au7s. That's the one i need. The one that has the bias trim pots on it. Resistor r14 is in the pre amp and it's a grid bleed for v2, side A. 220 k. I assume thats the board in the pre ap chassis. On the driver board, as i call it, there is another R 14 and i don't have a clue what it's value is. It was so badly burned in the first place i couldn't read the code. Thanks

Comment

I don't think that CRATE ever gave us a complete schematic to this amp.
            Yes, it's a CRATE amp. Says "Ampeg" on the outside, it's a CRATE on the inside.
            Hence the name: "Crate-Peg."

I posted the PDF but I only see a black screen when I open it.
            Do you see the schematic?
            I will try sending it to your mailbox...

Nope would not work. I'll try later. Seems like something is not going thru on this end...
            Well send me a mail to my mailbox, with your address, and I'll mail it to you.

ampegt SVT CL driver update.pdf
            OK try that one, it might work better.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by soundguruman; 12-04-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

See page 7 of the pdf attached, R14 (220R) is in the cathode circuit of V1 and appears to also connect to the spkr.out board.
              Attached Files
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

R14, if it attaches to R13, V1 cathode , pin 3, is 220 ohms.

It appears to be a voltage divider to the Spkr Out header.

Schematic link: Download Ampeg SVT CL.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Make sure that you click on "Click here to start download from Sendspace"

Comment

From the very beginning, St. Louis Music provided COMPLETE schematics for these amps as well as parts lists and board layout pictures. We have posted them all before, and we shall post them all again.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ampeg SVT CL

Here is the schematic, in case that link goes away.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X