'57 Tele Bridge Spec's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '57 Tele Bridge Spec's

Had this '57 Tele bridge in the shop a while back and measured it up. Just got around to putting it into the Spec's Spreadsheet and thought I'd just pass it along along with a pic. Ya, ya, I forgot to measure the magnetic polarity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	'57 Tele Bridge Specs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	867816 Click image for larger version

Name:	'57 Tele bridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	794.2 KB
ID:	867815
    '57 Tele Bridge.pdf
    Take Care,

Jim. . .
    VA3DEF

Well I appreciate it Saved a copy hope you don't mind. I'm still quite new is mT the gauss measurment?

I'm planning on winding up a set of "vintage" output tele pickups soon (got a pinecaster build coming up) so I'm digging the tele info.

I've come across this info as well Vintage Guitars Info - Fender vintage guitar pickup specs, info whats your take (or anyone elses) on this guys specs. Seems like a good reference.

Cheers!
    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Gerke View Post
      Well I appreciate it Saved a copy hope you don't mind. I'm still quite new is mT the gauss measurment?

I'm planning on winding up a set of "vintage" output tele pickups soon (got a pinecaster build coming up) so I'm digging the tele info.

I've come across this info as well Vintage Guitars Info - Fender vintage guitar pickup specs, info whats your take (or anyone elses) on this guys specs. Seems like a good reference.

Cheers!
      Phil
      Hi Phil:
      Welcome.
      I have more pickup specs listed here on post 2.
      http://music-electronics-forum.com/t30228/
      There were all kind of Early Tele pickups.
      I suggest getting general specs, then start winding till you get something you like.
      There are lots of vintage specs out there, some are debatable to authenticity.
      I wind mine with no stagger on teles.
      .630 magnets on both neck and bridge flush.
      Good Luck,
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Gerke View Post
        Phil
        That particular table of specs shows up in a fair number of different places on the internet. But, in my short time here I've come to believe that the original version of that table is from Seymour Duncan. As it says on the Seymour Duncan website - FAQ item #304 preceding that table. . . "Fender pickups I’ve measured".

Seymour Duncan website FAQ items 301 - 325

Just say'n. . .

And be sure to check out the resource posts Terry noted.
        Take Care,

Jim. . .
        VA3DEF

Comment

I missed the notice that you guys responded. Thanks!
          I'll do my best to share when I get that project completed.
          What are your thoughts on the various kits and or parts available? My inclination is to just grab the parts from Mojo. I like AFX for magnets. StewMac is great, but I don't think they are always worth the extra $.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakerca View Post
            Had this '57 Tele bridge in the shop a while back and measured it up. Just got around to putting it into the Spec's Spreadsheet and thought I'd just pass it along along with a pic. Ya, ya, I forgot to measure the magnetic polarity.
            Your Pickup is wound CCW, and it uses yellow and black wire.
            I do mine the same.
            I wind mine on the right arm top going.
            then to wind the neck CW, I flip it upside down and wind it on the right arm top going also.
            Did you determine if the pickup is N, or S Up?
            I do the bridge CCW North up, and the neck CW South up.
            Did you measure the diamet of the coil of wire?
            They usually measure a little over 1/2 inch.
            If the pickup is dead and you mic the diameter of the wire, and know the diameter of the coil?
            You can get close on your rewind, just by using a similar diameter wire, similar TPL, and winding the coil to that same diameter, with the same bobbin height.
            T
            Last edited by big_teee; 11-08-2013, 05:09 AM.
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              Your Pickup is wound CCW, and it uses yellow and black wire.
              I do mine the same.
              I wind mine on the right arm top going.
              then to wind the neck CW, I flip it upside down and wind it on the right arm top going also.
              Did you determine if the pickup is N, or S Up?
              I do the bridge CCW North up, and the neck CW South up.
              Did you measure the diamet of the coil of wire?
              They usually measure a little over 1/2 inch.
              If the pickup is dead and you mic the diameter of the wire, and know the diameter of the coil?
              You can get close on your rewind, just by using a similar diameter wire, similar TPL, and winding the coil to that same diameter, with the same bobbin height.
              T
              I didn't think to measure the dimensions of the wound coil (width/length) as it wasn't meaningful to how I have come to wind at this point. In terms of "how much wire", I wind turns heading for a target DCR. And sadly no, as I was saying in the OP, I forgot to marrk down the magnetic polarity when I was taking the gauss measurements. The owner of the pickups didn't want me to really take them apart at all, so I respected that and didn't mic the wire. I guess we have to grade this as "poor performance".
              Take Care,

Jim. . .
              VA3DEF

Comment

Originally posted by kayakerca View Post
                I didn't think to measure the dimensions of the wound coil (width/length) as it wasn't meaningful to how I have come to wind at this point. In terms of "how much wire", I wind turns heading for a target DCR. And sadly no, as I was saying in the OP, I forgot to marrk down the magnetic polarity when I was taking the gauss measurements. The owner of the pickups didn't want me to really take them apart at all, so I respected that and didn't mic the wire. I guess we have to grade this as "poor performance".
                No, you did fine, and thanks for posting.
                I made my Checkoff list, because I always would forget something.
                On it I don't have the coil dimensions, I ran out of room.
                Here is the link to it, if anyone wants to use it.
                http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...koff-list-.pdf
                I do as you, and make some general measurements, then I rip the wire off with an exacto knife.
                Rewind it, and I'm usually in a hurry deadlining.
                If anyone else has any old Pickup specs and stats they want to share?
                We are all interested in reading them old and new.
                Thanks,
                T
                Last edited by big_teee; 11-08-2013, 04:25 PM.
                Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  If anyone else has any old Pickup specs and stats they want to share?
                  We are all interested in reading them old and new.
                  Thanks,
                  T
                  I had another one in from the same guy at the same time as I measured up the '57. It was a '53 Tele bridge. I'll transfer my chicken scratch pad to a spreadsheet and post it when I get a few minutes.
                  Take Care,

Jim. . .
                  VA3DEF

Comment

Working...
                  X