Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave99 View Post
    Ok ok, I can understand what you said before now... But:
    1. Are you sure that a cap between + and ground (which is -, right?) doesn't do a black out (not sure if it's the correct word in english)?
    2. What happens if I connect a stereo jack in the input? The battery cannot power on the board, right? Or will that damage th effect?

Sorry for all these questions but it's the first effect pedal I make...
    1) you mean a short circuit

No, capacitors do not pass DC (continuous current).

2) if you use a stereo plug (why would you ????) , the pedal will not power on.
    It needs a mono plug into a stereo jack for that automatic turn on function.

3) please what is your native language/where are you from?
    That makes it easier to answer.
    In the Member self supplied info section, there's a line to state Location (just look what I stated in mine ) , use it.
    Many don't, which is sometimes a problem , others use smart ass answers such as "somewhere in the universe" or 3RS (third rock from the Sun) which are useless.
    Oh well.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I'm italian, I enteres the forum yesyerday evening and I didn't look around in profile sertings, I'll do it
      Anyway, thinking about the stereo jack only if I put this by mistake... Not going to try ahaha

Comment

Great work elipsey!
        Just a thing I wanted to know: how to print/draw on the chassis? I mean, what type of colour do I have to use?
        Now I'm not at home, when I get back I'll post a pic of my idea of wiring and I was wondering if you could tell me if it is true bypass... Thanks!
        Thanks. I used inkjet water-slide decals. I made the images with GIMP (free graphics software), printed them on a regular ink-jet printer, and sprayed over them with clear coat from a rattle can to protect the decal.

Yes, it is true bypass. I used a 3PDT switch from Small Bear Electronics.

Best, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by elipsey View Post
          Thanks. I used inkjet water-slide decals. I made the images with GIMP (free graphics software), printed them on a regular ink-jet printer, and sprayed over them with clear coat from a rattle can to protect the decal.

Best, Chris
          So I can't do it with a laser printer? I don't have a ink jet...

Comment

I'm not sure about that. You might try shopping around for water slide decal sheets and see what the instructions say. Ink-jet printers are cheaper and more common than laser, so maybe you could print it at a friend's house. By the way, you might want to print it on regular paper first to check the sizing and fit. My sneaky printer automatically re-sized the image the first time I printed it, which wasted some decal stock.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. You might try shopping around for water slide decal sheets and see what the instructions say. Ink-jet printers are cheaper and more common than laser, so maybe you could print it at a friend's house. By the way, you might want to print it on regular paper first to check the sizing and fit. My sneaky printer automatically re-sized the image the first time I printed it, which wasted some decal stock.
              Oh, I understand... And there aren't any others methods? Maybe simplier?

Comment

Could you tell me please if this wiring is true bypass? And if it is correct at all :'D
                Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	839201

Comment

Could you tell me please if this wiring is true bypass? And if it is correct at all :'D
                  Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35226[/ATTACH]
                  I think that would work, if I understand the diagram correctly. If the effect input on the PCB is never disconnected from the jack tips, it could effect your bypassed tone a little bit.

Please read this: The Ins and Outs of Bypassing Effects
                  and then look at these bypass schematics: http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76

Comment

I think that would work, if I understand the diagram correctly. If the effect input on the PCB is never disconnected from the jack tips, it could effect your bypassed tone a little bit.

Please read this: The Ins and Outs of Bypassing Effects
                    and then look at these bypass schematics: http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76
                    The 5th wiring on the file you linked me is the same I did so I think it could work Thank you anyway

Comment

So I can't do it with a laser printer? I don't have a ink jet...
                      1) Ciao , quasi paesano
                      2) yes you can, but the only colour available is black .
                      For the simplest/cheapest option you can print on sticky paper, some shop which makes stick on labels can sell you a single sheet.
                      If possible, get the glossy one (like magazine covers or good colour magazine paper) instead of the flat/dull one (similar to regular printing paper)
                      It's a very cheap paper, get 4 or 5 sheets or , more probably if you get it at a printing shop, they might only have the size *they* use, think a fully open newspaper size , you cut it to A4 size.

You stick it to the pedal front panel, (avoid air bubbles) , then you lightly spray it with transparent varnish, similar to Krylon.

Or you might design a coloured front panel, and have it printed on self adhesive paper or vinyl at a shop with a "Plotter" ; they are not actually Plotters but large inkjet printers but the old name stays.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Ma sei italiano anche tu? Ahahah
                        Anyway, I think I'm gonna print is with an old inkjet I've got in my father's office.. I don't want to damage my laser printer (I read the paper may fuse...)... Thank you anyway

Comment

I think that water decal paper for laser printer is available without any problems: Laser Waterslide Decal Paper . I was buying it from amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-Printe.../dp/B006EITEIQ
                          If you have color laser printer, you get color printouts.

Mark

Comment

Hey, I have another question
                            Can anyone tell me if the voltage on a cap is the max or the working one? For example, C10 (in this schematic) is a 470pF ceramic cap, but I can't find a 9v one! I only found a 500v one, will it work or not?

Comment

Yes, of course.
                              It can stand 500V, you can apply anything up to 500, with 9V you won't even scratch it.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

It is like a step ladder rated for 250 pounds, it doesn't mean you HAVE to weigh 250 pounds to climb the ladder.
                                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X