Big Muff in Small Spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. Let's play "what if".

What if the electrical circuits other than the pots, switches, jacks, and so on were **zero** size. That is, all you have to do is set up the controls, switches and jacks so they're usable.

Now how big is it?

More importantly, how far apart do you have to put two of them to be usable?
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Hi guys, last question, I hope
      Can I buy these transistors instead of these? They cost so much..!
      Thanks

Comment

Can't see my posts if I write from the laptop so trying to write from cell :/
        So, my last question I hope
        Can I use these transistors instead of these? They cost so much...
        Thanks

Comment

You are mixing the zuppa with l'insalata , absolutely different transistors, the first one is Silicon, the second one is Germanium.
          Please post the actual schematic of the actual circuit you'll build.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Exactly the one in post 4..

Comment

Ok, then the 2N5133 is what you should use, by the way it's what the schematic asks for.
              I wonder why you would even *mention* the Germanium PNP OC75 which will never ever work there.
              That said, not even the 2N5133 is necessary, *any* NPN general purpose transistor will work there (Silicon of course) , such as BC547B .
              Just for safety download both datasheets and check pinout which *might* not match.
              And you'll get them anywhere for about 0.25 €
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Where?! I searched around (Udine, in Friuli, and near) but I cannot find those transistors! On the net I only find the vintage ones, which cost so much! Found on aliexpress 11$ for just a couple (delivery excluded)!
                Anyway, talking about the diodes, someone above said me that I have just to check the code on it and it'll be ok, but on the schematic in post #4 I can read "silicon diodes": the ones I linked in post #16 are silicon? If not, will they fit or not?
                Thanks a lot, I know I'm nt so good at electronics (well, I don't know all the features/specs/types of the comonents...)

Comment

Ok guys, after long time almost all the components are in a box here on my desk... Just a breadboard and the 470pF caps are missing but I already ordered them and they should be delivered to me in these days. Then the transistors! I can't find them anyway for cheap! The only ones I found were 11$ each! The cheapset I found were on aliexpress.com... Even on Parts for Electronics: DIY Guitar Kits, Instrument Knobs, Effect Pedals for Guitar & More I can't find anything!
                  So if anyone find something for cheap can you please tell me? I would really appreciate that..
                  Thanks and happy big muffing ;P

Comment

Maybe this site will have something for you to order. BC547, PN3904, etc.

and Transistors from Robot Italy

Comment

No, nothing... Thanks anyway..

Comment

There are BC547 on the page 52Bill linked, they should work fine.
                        Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                        not even the 2N5133 is necessary, *any* NPN general purpose transistor will work there (Silicon of course) , such as BC547B .
                        Just for safety download both datasheets and check pinout which *might* not match.
                        If you insist on getting the 2N5133 then you will have to pay the high prices.
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

But will these BC547 gave the Muff his traditional sound? Or, will they give my Muff a "gilmourish" sound?
                          Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                          X