Vintage Garnet Amp - No model Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Garnet Amp - No model Number

I have an old Garnet amp from the sixties. 8 inch speaker and three tube amp. Need model or schematic. See pics.

Front Panels bears the number CSA LR 24510

thanks!!!
    Attached Files

Does it say Garnet on it? I can see where the name badge has been removed from the front panel, was it an actual Garnet branded amp or one of the many "stencil" amps they built under different names for other companies?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That's the Garnet CSA number. This amp has no power transformer so you'd need an isolation transformer to play it safely. This schematic should be reasonably close, just check the tube numbers to see if they match. http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...el84_schem.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by customcomp View Post
        I have an old Garnet amp from the sixties. 8 inch speaker and three tube amp. Need model or schematic. See pics.

Front Panels bears the number CSA LR 24510

thanks!!!
        It had the badge but someone sold it for a larger Garnet amp. The CSA number indicates it is a defacto Garnet product.

Comment

Originally posted by customcomp View Post
          The CSA number indicates it is a defacto Garnet product.
          If by "defacto" you mean built by Garnet, then yes it is. But my question was whether it was a Garnet branded product or another name brand. All brands they built used the LR24510 CSA number.
          As stated on the Garnet website, "This is a manufacturer's reference code and will appear on any amp made by Garnet regardless of the brand it may have been sold under".
          I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just want to keep things clear for archival information.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
            If by "defacto" you mean built by Garnet, then yes it is. But my question was whether it was a Garnet branded product or another name brand. All brands they built used the LR24510 CSA number.
            As stated on the Garnet website, "This is a manufacturer's reference code and will appear on any amp made by Garnet regardless of the brand it may have been sold under".
            I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just want to keep things clear for archival information.
            Agreed! I was thinking like Pepco built amps in Montreal Quebec, they re-branded the Pine Electronics products and build some Garnet spin offs. ala (CSA LR 19952).

I looked all over the amp and cannot find the model number. Garnet was famous for not marking it on the product. Makes it tough 60 years later. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X