That's our Dave!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's our Dave!

Not at all a pickup-related posting. I couldn't help noticing, though, that the all-instrumental CD I picked up the other day with renditions of 10 Steely Dan tunes by a 10-pack of outstanding guitarists (Stern, Gambale, Morse, randall, Graydon, Lukather, Ford, DiMeola, etc.) had graphic design by none other than our very own Dave "I have TWO jobs" Stephens. Nice work, and more than a little intimidating to capture the spirit of a much loved band without any lyrical content to go on.

Sweetness

Dave's Newsletters are Awsome too. Great tech info, and funny sweet graffix that are fitting. Dave's a MAd Scientist!!

Comment

tank you.....

Actaully that cover isn't one of my favorite works, but thanks, it was a bit forced and wasn't real happy with the final, but hey it pays the bills, well, actually it doesn't pay the bills very well truth be told. Pickup making is filling in the cracks more and more and this is out of necessity too. I hope to go full time at pickups if I can get my name out there enough. It IS of great value that I have the advertising background to use on my own products for sure, but graphic design these days is a real bad field to be in, and I've been in it 30 years.

Here is an album cover I did that is one of my favorites for Eric Gales:
      http://ur.pair.com/shrapnel/AMAZON/gales.jpg

We are also doing a new tribute album for Santana with pretty much the same crew, Robben Ford and all those guys, I think they finally figured out that tribute albums with good tunes on them sell better than some of the more esoteric jazz ones they did with too much shredding on them. Anyway, if you look on most any Shrapnel, Tone Center or Blues Bureau album my name is on there, I've done a ton of that stuff for Shrapnel Label Group in 25 years, man I get tired thinking about that one......
      http://www.SDpickups.com
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
      X