Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs recorded with your homemade/repaired amps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs recorded with your homemade/repaired amps...

Thought this would be a fun one, I'd love to hear some of the builds on this site in context! I'll start off with a couple I've done.

BF Princeton reverb kit/Telecaster, Big Muff on the slide parts:
    Just know now there's sun (dry) by Ron Vogel

Rebuilt/restored '72 Champ with upgraded speaker...Telecaster and amp distortion mostly, some wah, a DS1 at the very end for the feedbacky stuff (This was right after I finished the Champ, and wanted to play with textures). Mod thread: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t20237/

Musical chairs by Ron Vogel on SoundCloud - Hear the world?s sounds

This is the Champ too...can't remember what guitar(s) I used, or what effects I used. This is my stoner sketchpad...not finished...but some tasty tones...did I mention this is my stoner sketchpad?:
    http://soundcloud.com/ron-vogel/little-lost-star

Modified (heavily) Marshall Class 5, all amp distortion and my Tele. Mod thread: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t19680/

Human by Ron Vogel on SoundCloud - Hear the world?s sounds
    Last edited by ron vogel; 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM.

C'mon...there has got to be some out there. I'm not asking for studio quality stuff...my stuff was all home recorded on very modest gear.

Bump for y'all.

Comment

Here is a clip from a level check at a dive bar with my tweaked 18 watt Marshall clone. I'm the old guy playing slide.No Rest For The Wicked - covered by The Shakedown Daddies - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
        Here is a clip from a level check at a dive bar with my tweaked 18 watt Marshall clone. I'm the old guy playing slide.No Rest For The Wicked - covered by The Shakedown Daddies - YouTube
        Sounds Great!
        Observation.
        Is the bass player even playing?
        Can't hear him at all on my computer?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Sounds Great!
          Observation.
          Is the bass player even playing?
          Can't hear him at all on my computer?
          T
          Shot with a cheap camcorder with no low end response and is just a scratch recording. If you use earbuds/ headphones or run through a stereo he's there. Nothing much was miked and I was a bit too loud in the mix, but it does feature my amp. It got straightened out when the club filled up. Truthfully, I use a stock VJ with nos tubes for most gigs miked. Keeps the stage level down and I am loud even using 5 watts, lol. This was just the easiest clip if could access with my iPhone.
          Last edited by olddawg; 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
            Shot with a cheap camcorder with no low end response and is just a scratch recording. If you use earbuds/ headphones or run through a stereo he's there. Nothing much was miked and I was a too loud in the mix, but it does feature my amp. It got straightened out when the club filled up. Truthfully, I use a stock VJ with nos tubes for most gigs miked. Keeps the stage level down and I am loud even using 5 watts, lol.
            Yeah, before I got into the electronics side of things I was "that guy" that had to have the most watts. Even my last gigging amp was a DeVille 2x12 60W with a 4x12 cab under it. I don't think that amp ever went past 3-4 for most gigs!

Comment

Back in the day I used multiple Hiwatt stacks then changed to Marshall stacks. At the end of it all, the amps were just props on standby and I had an old Gibson Skylark behind them running through one of the cabs miked. But that was a long, long time ago. If I play a huge gig outdoors now I daisy chain the back line off of my 18 watt. Everyone thinks it's a rare Plexi. It's just a home build chassis mounted in an old Lead 100 MOSFET box.

Comment

I have not time to look for discs or videos, but this today has placed the author on Facebook. Amp is a modified Twin Reverb reissue.

Comment

Working...
                X