I need serious help!!! It's about my Behringer UltraTwin Gmx212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need serious help!!! It's about my Behringer UltraTwin Gmx212

Ok long story short my chord that goes from the Hi/Low inputs to the motherboard has gone bad. I'm having serious trouble with finding the proper parts to fix it. I know the part number to order it but, they won't let me because I'm an "Ordinary Customer". Any Ideas? I mean I have plenty of back up inputs but none of them are the same as my behringer input jacks nor do I want to "rig" a setup. I love this amp and its quality and I'd love to restore it and add it to my collection once again. Here's the part number Q05-21103-01084 but, I'm not sure if it comes equipped with the chord I need to mount it on my guitar amp itself. It's rather stressful! If anyone has any clue's or idea's I would be so appreciative.!!!!
    -Jorrel

The input jack is on a small circuit board, along with a tiny transistor and a few resistors and caps. There is then a short three-wire cable from that little board to the main board. Is that what you mean? If I had to replace that cable, I'd get three pieces of plain old wire and solder them in place of the old.

Behringer has a part number for everything, and I do mean everything. The foam corners in the packing box have numbers, the advertising signs on strings hanging from the control knobs have numbers. And so do every screw and rivet. But I would be totally surprised if behringer stocked a small cable like that anywhere accessible to the repair crowd, even authorized shops.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

hi-lo inputs o.O where are they mine doesn't have any hi-lo inputs, I assume you mean the input jack on the front face. if that is the solder new wires in place of old OR try to salvage a plug with wires off of an old phone, computer, etc if you must have the plug. if you can however you could always remove the plug arrangement and hard wire it but in that instance may want ot change the jack out as well for a metal threaded one because if it comes loose and starts rotating you won't have the plug as a weak link to protect the connection from jack circuit board to front panel circuit board .

Comment

Working...
      X