5E3 Chinese kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jim1976 View Post
    The Chinese kits are really top quality dont worry about that! there just as good as anything else out there! Where did you get it? marble or ampmart?

You know most of the speakers you see today and pay top dollar for come from china $20 a piece. Have a look at Guitar speaker-BH Speakers they make celestion speakers and the weber speakers too... often the label is made in the country there meant to come from thats about it....
    Really? That's delusional, just your opinion and probably not true
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Well if you look at the offerings from most speaker companies assembled in USA what else could that mean? 100% crafted in the USA..... Do some research you might be surprised or be an Ostrich dont get to much sand in your eyes

Comment

Eminence are in on the delusion too!!! you can even tour there factory in Dongguan... if you have a password of course Eminence Dongguan can provide turn-key solutions for your custom designs | Eminence Speaker Of course a tour of the usa factory you dont need a password for that one.

Here is a thread you even posted in about the subject http://music-electronics-forum.com/t2307/

Delusion is everywhere:O

Comment

I've seen the Chinese amplifier kits and they mostly suck dead donkey's dick and have virtually no support and of those that do some steal it from US manufacturers... including using my mission amps name.

Also, as far as I know, the speakers made in China at Eminence Dongguan, are those generic things for cheap crappy Chinese amps, PA systems and "Hi-Fi Stereo apps, that are being dumped all over the world.
          I don't think any of the Eminence signature speakers are made there.
          Last edited by Bruce / Mission Amps; 11-02-2013, 11:32 PM.
          Bruce

Mission Amps
          Denver, CO. 80022
          www.missionamps.com
          303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by jim1976 View Post
            The Chinese kits are really top quality dont worry about that! there just as good as anything else out there! Where did you get it? marble or ampmart?

You know most of the speakers you see today and pay top dollar for come from china $20 a piece. Have a look at Guitar speaker-BH Speakers they make celestion speakers and the weber speakers too... often the label is made in the country there meant to come from thats about it.

It does seem weird but the heater is like everyone has said on the dc side but its isolated with its own winding.
            You are WRONG.
            Celestion is in China, in its own plant,has been so for almost 20 years, and is in NO WAY related to BH speakers or whatever they are called.

Weber speakers are also made in USA,no ifs or buts, so wrong on 2 counts.

Weber also *sells* a cheaper sideline called "Signature series" , but they don't claim those are USA made.
            You get what you pay for.

FWIW BH *might* make them, or any other generic maker,no big deal there, but until solid proof appears, it's only speculation.

Eminence still makes the "good" ones in USA, they do have a Factory in China, probably for the cheapest stuff.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Geobee View Post
              Hi all, down here in Aus, we don't have access to the great amp kits that you do, so we are stuck with a limited choice, hence the Chinese kit I am building. I have been around solid state amps for over 40 years, but limited on tubes. I am confused regarding the schematic supplied with this kit, being the wiring of the rectifier tube. From the mains transformer to the 5Y3 pins 4&6, all good, but It appears that pins 2&8 are linked going out to the standby switch ? Also, the 5VAC winding says to go to pins 2&8 of the Copper cap octal socket when using a 5Y3GT? I cant see why you would short the 5 volt winding and connect them to the HT pins of the rect tube. I have attached the circuit supplied with the kit to show my concerns.
              I don't wish to build it from this schematic until it is confirmed as correct. Maybe there is a more accurate schematic that I could use/trust. Also, I assume that all thr arrow symbols are ground connections, different to the solid state ones I am familiar with. The output tubes (6V6GT) appear that the glass is blacked out, not clear, would this be normal for these tubes, just looks strange. Any help on this one would be great. Regards. Geoff
              That little triangular thing across 2 and 8 is the diagram representation of the filament element of the vacuum tube.... you apply the 5v across it and take the Hi-V DC from either lug 2 or 8.... most use lug 8.

Added. One more thing, regardless of what the parts quality is... try to use a 12AY7 in the first tube socket for the best sound... two 12AX7s just don't really do the amp justice.
              And, I don't know what the actual plate voltage of your amp will be, considering what the PT could be (sometimes merely another remade-cloned silver face Deluxe Reverb PT) when the power tube are idling correctly but you might find a NOS 5Y3GT is better if the B+ is over 360vdc to 395vdc.
              Last edited by Bruce / Mission Amps; 11-02-2013, 11:48 PM.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

Isn't any 5e3 kit a stolen knock off of a Fender? even yours? I think you even provide a fender knock off of there schematic, is that ok that you do it? I've looked at your kits they are really really good kits heaps of support... but its a knock off, the mods are yours but the basic design is a fender knock off.

Some of the parts might be a bit dodgy in the China kits but you can change them at any time and put say Vishay-Sprague caps manufatured in Asia for piece of mind, even put in some good quality electro-harmonix or Tungsol tubes made in Russia and you can even put a good old USA transformer in of course the wire was made in Asia and the laminations were pressed in India...

I think to call everything crap for no reason is wrong, everything should be evaluated on merit. 60years ago people called japanese stuff crap now its highly collectable, and the standard was very high mostly at the time

I understand people like you Bruce getting themselves all twisted up over things like that because your trying to sell stuff for twice the price and calling people "delusional" or products "dead donkey dick" makes you feel good, good for you.
                Last edited by jim1976; 11-03-2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I think you'll find parts like the speaker baskets are made in china at the least and probably the cones too, but I bet the coils are wound in USA and obviously assembled there too.
                  Its all speculation because they wont tell you what is made where...

Comment

Working...
                  X