Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup for a 5-string upringht-bass

hello.

does anyone make a magnetic pickup for a solid-body 5-string upright-bass, or know more about this?

the problem with the bass is the curve of the fingeroard, so you could use it with a bow, still the pole pieces should be close to each string the same. (and it's not possible to make the coil look like a banana!? )

many thanks for your help. greetings from vienna

Originally posted by oahu View Post
    hello.

does anyone make a magnetic pickup for a solid-body 5-string upright-bass, or know more about this?

the problem with the bass is the curve of the fingeroard, so you could use it with a bow, still the pole pieces should be close to each string the same. (and it's not possible to make the coil look like a banana!? )

many thanks for your help. greetings from vienna
    EMG make the magnetic pickups for the NS upright basses. They are one coil per string. It looks like you can order them from EMG. 5SW

I'm going to be building myself an electric upright... haven't decided if I want magnetic pickups on it yet, but I'll probably make something like these.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

many thanks

didn't know about those pickups, but they look exactly like what they use in the steinberger upright-bass?!

the hardest thing now will be to get them. i found not a single music store in germany, england, or wherever in europe (well i didn't even look for one in austria ), where they are in stock...

anyway, if you know a store in the states that could have them, let me know. many thanks again, greetings from vienna...

Comment

didn't know about those pickups, but they look exactly like what they use in the steinberger upright-bass?!
        Yeah, I said they were in the NS upright basses. Those aren't Steinbergers, but they are made by Ned Steinberger... NS Designs. Gibson owns the name Steinberger now.

the hardest thing now will be to get them. i found not a single music store in germany, england, or wherever in europe (well i didn't even look for one in austria ), where they are in stock...

anyway, if you know a store in the states that could have them, let me know. many thanks again, greetings from vienna...
        I'm pretty sure you have to custom order them from EMG.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
        X