Tube Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Storage

I'm getting to the point where I've accumulated a pretty good stock of various types of tubes.
    Probably 50-ish octal tubes of various sizes, and another 50 9-pin miniature (12ax7/5751/etc).

I've just got them sitting in a big box, with padding underneath them.. But it's disorganized, and probably not overly safe.

What do others do for storing tubes in an organized manner?.. I have some of the original boxes, but many of them are tattered and falling apart.
    Last edited by thehoj; 11-05-2013, 03:38 PM.

I use a 15 drawer Bisley cabinet like this:

Bisley SoHo Multidrawer Storage Cabinet Steel 15-Drawer W279xD380xH860

Novals are either boxed or kept in plastic business card boxes. Octals fit straight in nicely in their boxes. Larger tubes go on shelves.

You can fit a large number of tubes in one of those drawer sets - 36 boxed 12AX7s per drawer - that's 540 per unit.
    Last edited by tboy; 08-05-2014, 06:07 PM. Reason: Changed link

Comment

If you have a bunch of 12AX7 sized valves, the foam intended for storing warhammer models is the right size, and fitted to cases and suchlike, first one pulled off google (so shop around): 4 Foam trays: hold 200 figures in 1GW army case! Replace the 3GW trays! ~GWM4S | eBay

Comment

Working...
      X