TEAC 3430

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAC 3430

Anyone have experience with these old Reel to Reel tape machines.
    My brother has one that has a broken belt drive and nobody around here wants to touch it.

Oops.. sausage fingers, I think it is a 3440...
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

What experience do we need? If it is the one I think it is, there will be some disassembly, like dismounting the motor. Or maybe it was the plate that keeps the capstan/flywheel in place, I forget. SOMETHING is in the way of putting the belt over both pulleys, and a few screws have to come out to free it enough to slip a new belt in there.

Really, no one in Denver area services reel decks? Call any friends in the studio biz locally and ask if they know any deck techs.

Teac may no longer have part number such and such belt, but belts are sold dimensionally, so you ought to be able to come up with a new belt from someone.

Is that the one with the four simul-sync slide switches on the head cover? There were a zillion of those things back when.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just did a quick check on eBay, and there are several sellers with single belts and some with belt kits.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I have the following reference to a site that specializes in reel-to-reel tape decks and parts. I have not done business with the man but he may have what you need or be a jumping off point to additional resources.
        Vintage Texas
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X