'53 Tele Bridge Spec's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 Tele Bridge Spec's

Here is the '53 Tele bridge I had in the shop a while back and measured up. Just got around to putting it into the Spec's Spreadsheet and thought I'd just pass it along along with a pic. Ya, ya, I forgot to measure the magnetic polarity just like on the '57 I previously posted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	'53 Tele Bridge specs.png
Views:	1
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	867968 Click image for larger version

Name:	'53 Tele Bridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.4 KB
ID:	867969
    Last edited by kayakerca; 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM.
    Take Care,

Jim. . .
    VA3DEF

Thanks for sharing Jim. Can you explain what the mT is? There is quite the disparity between this 53' and the 57' you put up before.

Phil

Comment

Also were these Dead pickups.
      I didn't see a DCR?
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Gerke View Post
        Thanks for sharing Jim. Can you explain what the mT is? There is quite the disparity between this 53' and the 57' you put up before.

Phil
        Hi Phil:

The level of magnetic field strength or magnetic flux density. 10 Gauss = 1 mT (millitesla). I will no doubt be corrected on this one.
        Take Care,

Jim. . .
        VA3DEF

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Also were these Dead pickups.
          I didn't see a DCR?
          Both the '57 and '53 bridges were dead Terry. I'm guessing the rust on the Alnico's just ate through the windings.
          Take Care,

Jim. . .
          VA3DEF

Comment

Originally posted by kayakerca View Post
            Both the '57 and '53 bridges were dead Terry. I'm guessing the rust on the Alnico's just ate through the windings.
            Did they not want you to rewind them?
            I've had several vintage pickups go through here, but it was always for rewind purposes.
            IMO if they are rewound, they are Pickups, if they are dead, they are just Junk!
            Or maybe paper weights!
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              Did they not want you to rewind them?
              I've had several vintage pickups go through here, but it was always for rewind purposes.
              IMO if they are rewound, they are Pickups, if they are dead, they are just Junk!
              Or maybe paper weights!
              T
              The were both dead. The top flatwork was rotted from the corrosion on the Alnico's, expecially on the '57. He had long since replaced them both, but kept them around as keep sakes. I may ask if I can have them back for a bit to have a second look at them.
              Take Care,

Jim. . .
              VA3DEF

Comment

I've been winding some Tele Pickups lately.
                Was wondering what height between flats most guys shoot for.
                On most of my pickup data I find listed .500" between the flats.
                That seems too tall for my liking.
                I notice the OP has documented the .46, .47" between the flats IMO I think that is tall enough.
                The pickup is plenty big to put lots of wire on.
                I've also tried different baseplate, bare, Zinc, and copper plated.
                I can't tell any difference, except the bare steel likes to rust.
                I also noticed that the Tele pickup estimator neck, and bridge do not show the same turns results that I come up with?
                The neck turns vs DCR seems high in turns, and the bridge seems low?
                Part of that may be the wire specs used on the estimator is different than modern day wires?
                T
                Last edited by big_teee; 08-19-2014, 09:28 PM.
                Terry

Comment

Working...
                X