General Electric Wildcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Electric Wildcat

Hi. I have recently gotten a GE Wildcat record player, and I am having some issues. It is my first record player that I have owned, and I don't know much about it. It worked fine when I first got it, but now it's been acting up. Sometimes it works fine, but other times it skips, and the quality of the sound worsens. I just replaced the stylus, but I am still having issues. If anyone can give me any advice, or let me know what might be wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

You're going to have to define "other times it skips" a little better. Does the sound crap out? are there any other noises associated? Does the play arm float or slide? What does "skip" mean?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Not too sure what 'value' you place on your vinyl record collection, but using that turntable will surely ruin the records.

Why these 'child's toys' go for 100's of dollars on EBay I cannot fathom.

Buy a decent quartz tuned turntable, your record collection will love you for it.

Comment

Working...
      X