Yamaha EM1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha EM1600

Looking for a service manual for the Yamaha EM1600 Powered Mixer or specifically the part numbers for the 1/4" 7 pin channel input jacks and also the speaker jacks. I've scoured the web and can't find a manual or jacks. I also emailed Yamaha, but they haven't been exactly quick in the past, so I'm not expecting anything soon...THX.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Phone calls often work far better than email when you want to know something.

The parts list is not included in this manual. The input jacks are just TRS with cutouts. The speaker jacks are simple TS jacks.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for posting the manual Enzo. At least I have designation #'s now. That'll make it easier when I do get in touch with Yamaha. There were no designation #'s on the PCB's.

The input jacks are PCB mounted and having the specific pin layout would make things much easier. The speaker jacks have thin bodies and the holes are very close together making it difficult (albeit not impossible) to "adapt" something. I looked at data sheets for numerous jacks on Mouser's site and several others but could find nothing close. I could surely make something work, but it'd be much easer and less time consuming just having the original parts.

I've had the pleasure of calling Yamaha several times in the past and here's how it usually goes:

Me- I'm looking for parts for a Yamaha model "so and so".
      Woman who knows nothing about electronics- Do you have part numbers?
      Me- No, but I have circuit board designation numbers and descriptions.
      Woman who knows nothing about electronics- I'll have to direct you to technical service to get you part numbers.
      Me- OK.
      Holding................holding......................hold ing...................still holding.............holding some more............etc.
      Machine picks up- Please leave your name and phone number and we will get back to you.
      2-3 days later someone calls back- I'm out of the shop or on another line. Return to start. Do not pass go. Do not collect information.

After a week or two of this, I get through and actually talk to somebody, we get part numbers, and they no longer stock them. I swear, this happens 8 out of 10 times with me vs. Yamaha...........But, I'll keep trying.

Comment

Are they Jalco brand jacks? If so you can probably only get them from Yamaha or maybe ebay.
        JALCO
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t27368/
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks "g". They don't appear to be any of those. I'll try to upload a pic later. I'm still having trouble uploading to this site, but I'll see what I can do. FWIW, I've also searched all of eBay with no luck.

Comment

Find out when they open each day, then call them one minute after that. I do that for any company, even Peavey gets a long phone wait if you call mid-day.

The board art appeared in the manual, you ought to be able to infer the pinout.

OK, maybe... rectangular black plastic with clear top? Looks a little like those fender jacks but not as tall? Plastic bushing with top and botom surfaces flatted some? Metal bushing liner like many plastic jacks. 7 legs 1-4-2? Bottom of jack has numbers and slots for 9 pins, but only 7 are there?

If so, Yamaha LX801220 probably work.

OOOh. It says MC1602 on the individual bag, but the larger bag of several says MC1602 AND EM1400. SO that should be your part number.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo! That's the one (LX801220). Got 'em on order. I'll "wing it" on the speaker jack. It's not as critical because 1) it's only a 2 pin hot/ground jack and 2) it's not a PCB mounted part. I can find a jack that will work just fine even if it's not EXACTLY the same as the original. Again, thanks much.

Comment

Knowing Yamaha like I used to, I would bet my lunch money that the other jacks are incrementally related, part number wise. So something like LX801210 or LX801200 or something PROBABLY would have covered it. Not that we want to guess.

Comment

Hi enjoy do you still have that schematic available cheers

Comment

Hi enzo do you still have that schematic available thanks

Comment

Yamaha EM-1400, 1600, 1800 Service Manual.zip
                      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thank you so much Nickb I really appreciate the fast response I’m also chasing the EM-1620 schematic any chance of finding that one cheers

Comment

Try Yamaha. They often will give you old stuff for no charge. Failing that iI see it can be bought is you search for it. I don't have it though.
                          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
                          X