Sampson KM140 PA / mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sampson KM140 PA / mixer

looking for schematic and parts list for Samson KM140 PA/mixer. I have two of these, one of which works fine. The other is missing all knobs, and only one mic channel works. All the instrument input jacks are worn out, but I have a set coming from Samson. I anticipate more problems will appear after I replace the jacks, but maybe I will get lucky and everything will be cool ...
    Samson does not have any replacement knobs for this amp. who is a good source for these small knobs? 1/4" half shaft, base dia about 1/2 inch. thanks! Grant in Dallas

So call Samson back and ask for the schematics.

1/4" shaft or is it really 6mm?

Half shaft? Do you mean flatted side or "D-shaft"? Those are not universal. SOme are half flat, some are only about 40% flat. Also, the flatted side might be aiming at or 180 degrees away from what would be the pointer on a knob. Not world-shattering, but you need to consider those details.

1/2" sounds fine, but in searching, you might also look for 12mm or 13mm or other close size.

Mouser ha a lot of knobs, check some of these o0ut:
    http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/646/2040.pdf

Use the previous and next page buttons at top of page to see other offerings.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

knobs

Originally posted by DrBingo View Post
      looking for schematic and parts list for Samson KM140 PA/mixer. I have two of these, one of which works fine. The other is missing all knobs, and only one mic channel works. All the instrument input jacks are worn out, but I have a set coming from Samson. I anticipate more problems will appear after I replace the jacks, but maybe I will get lucky and everything will be cool ...
      Samson does not have any replacement knobs for this amp. who is a good source for these small knobs? 1/4" half shaft, base dia about 1/2 inch. thanks! Grant in Dallas
      the shaft diameter is 234 mils.
      the top view of the shaft looks like 60% shaft, and 40% cut away.
      thanks for your help.
      Grant in Dallas

Comment

As Enzo guessed, 6 mm, definitely not 1/4" .
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

ordered the knobs

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          As Enzo guessed, 6 mm, definitely not 1/4" .
          I found all the knobs I needed at Mouser. thanks, guys.
          I will try a different department at Samson, and ask a different person for a schematic and parts list. My first contact said they had no more documents for the KM140. The parts list should have a line item for the drawing number. Of course I can still fix this powered mixer without the schematic and parts list; it will just take a bit longer.
          Grant in Dallas

Comment

I doubt you will find a part list, as far as I know all there is are schematics. As a Samson service center, that is all they ever send us. But it never hurts to ask. Part numbers would only help you if you were ordering from Samson.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X