Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subzero H50R Scheme required.

Not sure how lucky I will be with this.

These amps are sold (I believe) exclusively through gear4music so not sure who the actual manufacturer is. Guessing they are somewhere in China. I've asked G4M but yet to hear back.
    Thought I would ask here on the off chance.

Thanks.

Amp details: SubZero Tube-H50R Valve Stack Head with 4x10 Celestion Speaker Cabinet | Guitar reviews | MusicRadar

I got this response from G4M
    I’m afraid that we aren’t able to source circuit diagrams for our SubZero-branded goods. Our suppliers in the Far East are unable to copyright these works, therefore our arrangement with them is that they aren’t provided to us.
    So I'm guessing they don't own the design and it's a clone.

Would anybody have any idea what it could be a clone of? Possible Fender Bassman?

50W into 8 Ohm 2 x 6L6 and 3 x 12AX7 Electro Harmonix tubes
    Gain, Boost S/W, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb and Send and Return connections
    Last edited by Shawnobi; 11-26-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Well, that's bullsh*t, copyrighted or not they must supply schematics for SERVICING:

Anything sold through a shop carries a GUARANTEE, how are they supposed to honor it?
      Jeezzz !!!!

That said, tube amps usually are generic, and this one doubly so, no real need for a schematic.
      What's the actual problem with it?
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Well, that's bullsh*t, copyrighted or not they must supply schematics for SERVICING:

Anything sold through a shop carries a GUARANTEE, how are they supposed to honor it?
        Jeezzz !!!!

That said, tube amps usually are generic, and this one doubly so, no real need for a schematic.
        What's the actual problem with it?
        I don't think servicing is part of their business plan tbh. From what I can see if anyone gets a problem they swap them out with a new one and sell the broken unit on eBay as spares or repairs. Quite a good business plan I must admit. They never have to pay a service guy and they never lose money on amps as the broken ones look to go for more than they cost to build.

I want the scheme as I got this as a mod project. I'm just about to tear it apart and take a look inside.

Comment

A music store that I do work for asked me to look at a brand new stage light.

The LED Mushroom. (I think someone slipped one of them to me at a Dead show)

The company took the serial number off the books & said scrap it.

They sent the store a new one.

It turns out that there was a cable tie that was a bit aggressive in it's duty.

It yanked the positive conductor for the LED board right out of the crimp terminal.

The store is going to use it as a 'rental'.

Comment

Well I was told by the shop this amp only made a slight hum but no other sound. I opened the back, one of the 6L6 tubes wasn't in properly. Refitted it, plugged it all in and the thing sounds beautiful!
            I'm actually a bit annoyed. I bought it as a fixer. It's a bit like buying a model kit and when you open the box it's already built!

On the upside I have a brand new valve head for small change.

Comment

Schematic can be found in the following thread for anyone looking.
              http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34940/

Comment

So it's a generic among the generic Belcat Tube 50 .
                You guessed right, made in: Linghu-Industrial Park, Qiuchang-Town, Huiyang-District Huizhou-City, Guangdong, China Belcat:Moving the sounds of the world
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnobi View Post
                  Schematic can be found in the following thread for anyone looking.
                  http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34940/
                  Hey everyone, just a quick note. The Subzero branded H50R has an 8R output and, from the schematic, the Strauss has 16R output. Resistor 27 (R27) is actually 56k rather than 75k as shown.
                  I suppose there may be other differences, but I'm yet to really dig into this amp.

Comment

https://www.tube-town.de/ttforum/index.php/topic,23435.0.html
                    SUBZERO TUBE-H50R

Portal requires registration
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                    X