behringer pmp5000's right channel(speakon connector) is defective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer pmp5000's right channel(speakon connector) is defective

hi good day to everyone... im having problem with my behringer pmp5000,the right channel(speakon connector) located at the back, is not giving balanced sound,
    the sound output from this channel is very low while the other channel is giving normal sound,,, but the led indicator is giving equal signal... but the sound output is not.... i tried to change the connection but the speaker connected to the right speakon channel is still very low... what seems to be the problem...

*the speaker connected on left speakon channel is giving normal sound while the right speakon channel is giving very low sound only*

take note this mixer is powered... and im using the powered channel of the mixer

the left right panning is at 12' o clock position which means balance
    i already checked the wiring and tried other wires but still same result
    i also used other speaker and still same result

but when i used powered speaker it works fine because it is connected to other outputs like main 2 output or mon output (pl jack connector)

so my conclusion is this, the right speakon channel is giving low sound output unlike the left speakon channel is giving normal sound output...

so guys what do you think is the problem with my mixer...
    pls i need a quick response this is my bread and butter
    im using it on my band rehearsal and sound system rental business...
    my customers are complaing about this problem...
    thank you all guys and God bless

Hi.
    Does it have Main L/R output sockets?
    If so use a powered speaker and see if there is a difference in volume between the two ? This way you can establish if the fault is in the preamp section or power amp stage.

Comment

You most probably have an amplifier problem.

To sort it out, the previous post suggested that you use a signal send output jack and aplly that signal to another amplifer.

If that signal is good, then you have amplifier issues.

FYI, this unit uses a very complicated Switch Mode Power Supply.

In themselves, they are very dangerous to work on without a firm understanding of how they function.

The amplifer is also very complicated.

It is a Class D, with mostly surface mount components.

My advise is to take it to someone who understands the equipment & is able to work with surface mount technology.

Comment

hi sir thanks for your reply... yup the other speakon connector is "only giving very low sound" unlike the left channel... so you think that the issue is amplifier problem??? is it safe to use it under that condition,,, what i mean to say is im afraid that while using it under that condition it will suddenly fail totally, i have many upcoming gigs this december and im afraid of that worst case scenario... sir can i send u a private message,,, i also have a defective behringer mixer pmx 1000, il message you regarding it's issue

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PMP5000_P0567_Rear_View.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	831823
          here is the picture sir thanks for your reply

Comment

i tried using the other outputs like main 1 and main 2 and mon then send it to a powered speaker... the signal is good the sound is normal...Click image for larger version

Name:	PMP5000_TOP-3bd037a15321ec9e5d5b72ed8f29c9e5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	953.4 KB
ID:	831824

Comment

Working...
            X