rectifier ripple in power tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rectifier ripple in power tubes

I have been messing around with a frankenstein build and have shoehorned all the tubes onto an old previously used aluminum chassis I had. It is configured with the tubes hanging down on the narrow edge of the chassis opposite the pots (think Fender tweed!). Anyway, to fit all my tubes, input jacks, reverb jacks, etc. I ended up with the rectifier tube within 3/8" of one of the 2 6V6 power tubes. Can the rectifier tube create ripple current in the output tubes from being this physically close? What is the general rule of thumb as far as spacing between tubes? I have done a preliminary test and the amp seems fairly quite on the bench, but just got to wondering about this. If I tweak this into something I like, I will definitely rebuild it on a roomier chassis, but was just wanting to try some things on the cheap for now. Thanks for your help,

Tim

You won't induce ripple as you are thinking by close tube placement.

If anything, close placement of the hottest tubes is the problem to be addressed. Some tubes have a recommended closest spacing distance (I thin KT66 or 88 might).

Comment

Working...
    X