Free email accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use an email program.
    I do everything with the online email client.
    You just login and go.
    Done that with Yahoo mail since 1997.
    Never had a single problem with Yahoo mail, except lots of spam.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      You just login and go....
      big_teee,
      I've been following this thread but I'm confused because you mentioned Outlook in the first post. How does outlook relate to the online email client you mention above? To me "Outlook" is the email application in the Microsoft Office suite. Do you mean something else?
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        If that works for you, great! It's all a matter of preference. I learned all sorts of things about guitar amps in email exchanges with different amp guys at AMPAGE back in the day and having those messages on my computer locally allowed me to study them in depth over time. Especially if there were schematics or drawings attached to them.

You also pretty much need a desktop email client to participate in "email lists", which I think allow for some of the most comprehensive discussions over the internet. (Facebook would win the prize for the LEAST comprehensive discussions as anything over a few days old is as good as dead.)

Email lists peaked in 90's and were often replaced by Yahoo Groups (which were in turn killed by Facebook!) so I think that BBS-style forums like MEF or TGP facilitate the best discussion. Which don't require any emails although email notification of fresh posts on topics that you have participated in are very helpful (a web-based client works fine for that.)

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks...

Steve

P.S. If you don't need Outlook.com you can tell them where to stick their emails!
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
          To me "Outlook" is the email application in the Microsoft Office suite.
          That's what I thought, too, but apparently outlook.com is a web-based email client (like Yahoo or Gmail.com) With so many people accessing their email from different devices it can be handy to use those websites.
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:
          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Yes that is confusing, isn't it.
            They now call Hotmail Outlook mail.
            So my online email account is terrybigt@outlook.com
            I used the outlook your talking about for years in the Phone Biz before I retired.
            This is just plain old web mail.
            They keep sending me support stuff, and its the same old sh!@.
            I need a phone number to call these yard birds Monday.
            www.outlook.com
            That is what I'm trying to use.

T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Outlook.com is Microsoft right?
              Microsoft is windows Right?
              My errors say I look like suspicious activity.
              I run Linux, with Adblocker, and do not track software running.
              I'm probably not only suspicious, I'm Probably damn right Alien running my Linux box on a Microsoft Server!
              They probably don't want foreign OS's anywhere Near their Windoz Sh@t IMO!
              My 2 cents. That may be Parinoid, but probably the Truth?
              T
              Last edited by big_teee; 12-27-2013, 08:49 PM.
              Terry

Comment

I am running mint 15 and I use yahoo for my mail. I don't get a lot of spam and it always ends up in the spam folder. Yup moving away from outlook, hotmail, or the aol crap is always a good thing. Microsoft can't even fix bugs in their systems, for when they fix one they might now have another. Sure it is one thing when it is a popular targeted software, but I am tired of being a microsoft software tester.
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I got a survey today From MicroSuck, wanting to know how I rated their customer service.
                  Wanting to know how they handled my Outlook account issue?
                  Wanted to know if the customer service represenative treated me properly.
                  I never could talk to anyone, I never could get anyone to reset my account, I don't even know if they have Represenatives.
                  Needless to say they probably didn't like my survey!
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X