Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
    Happy New Year To You All....

2014 ended on a good note. I picked up a nice Peavey Bandit 112 for $40. The case, speaker, footswitch, all in good condition. There was no output. I cleaned the pots and there you go- that is all she needed. I will give the amp to a deserving up and coming musician as a way of "Paying It Forward" - something I hope you will all do as we benefit greatly by sharing with each other.

Tom
    I fully agree with the "Paying It Forward" concept Tom. For the past couple of years I have taken a entry level Fender guitar and donated it to the silent auction of a local charity. I put in a set of my pickups, replace all the electronics, shield the guitar, do a full fret dressing, new bone nut, new strings, and a general clean up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	charity guitar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	836345

This year the base guitar was a Fender Squier Standard FMT in flawless condition that I picked up on Kijiji .
    Take Care,

Jim. . .
    VA3DEF

Comment

Happy Holidays everyone, from my house to yours!
      Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
      Sincerely,
      Terry K.
      Mod.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Merry Christmas! With all the kids grown and such, family and friends here decided to do away with the commercial end of the holiday. Keeping to decorations, meals and getting together for drinks, cakes and such instead. And Christmas came, just the same. It came without presents. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes and bags!

Gotta go now... My puzzler is sore.

A happy and prosperous new year be unto all of you.

"Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Happy Holidays...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year to all.
          =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

We did our Christmas with the kids and grand kids yesterday.
            The Tree got stripped of presents then.
            This morning we had our quiet little breakfast, just the wife and I.
            We may take a drive to visit my son and family this afternoon.
            This is an old thread with new Cheer!
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Happy Holidays...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year to all. Make sure to stay safe .
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Merry Xmas all you MEF'ers!!
                Attached Files
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Late to the party.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and may your New Year be happy!
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Anyone get a 59' burst for Christmas ?
                    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                      Anyone get a 59' burst for Christmas ?
                      Nope.
                      But last year I got a red stain LP special reissue

I know a guy that I help a lot with amp and guitar stuff. He had two. One he preferred and another that I preferred.
                      He straight up gifted me the one I liked! And he did it gracefully. I help him for free just because what he needs is interesting to me and he's a friend. But there's no obligatory issue at all. Just a sweet guitar under the tree in 2015.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

merry xmas and new year everyone...its been quite a hot one down here this year... have been swimming in my pool just about every day for the past fortnight

thanks to everyone for their openness and sharing of information. this a great forum with many truly nice and knowledgeable people

all the best

fab

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS, TO ONE AND ALL!
                          Terry
                          Terry

Comment

Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Solstice... Festivus? Whatever you like

Happy Holidays to all. Enjoy the good will and cheer of the season and may we all keep it in the new year

Comment

I don't get it.

I have this basically dead pine tree in my living room.

I come down stairs this morning & there is all sorts of stuff under it.

Merry Christmas.

Feliz Navidad.

Comment

Merry Christmas!!

When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
                                X