A good deal on a digital recorder- Stupid Deal of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good deal on a digital recorder- Stupid Deal of the Day

If you have any Christmas cash left over the Tascam DP-03 is on sale for $199

Stupid Deal of the Day | SDOTD | Musician's Friend

It is normally $349 as in this listing

TASCAM DP-03 Digital Portastudio (SD/CD) | Musician's Friend

Steve
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

I just wish it would record more than two tracks at a time. I'd buy one to record rehearsal and live but with only a two track record at once capability, it's still just a fancy tape deck, other than being digital. And yes, I know it can ADD tracks! Mike.

Comment

Mike:

Yes, it is too limited for recording bands in real time but I think it could be handy for starting a home studio, especially if you are a hands-on kinda guy...

It only records in 44.1khz/16 bit which for me is a big deal breaker. Effects like EQ or compression work much better with 24 bits than 16 and if you need to boost the volume of a recording considerably those extra 8 bits come in handy.

Steve

P.S. I just got a Tascam DR-07MkII handheld recorder as a Stupid Deal a few weeks ago for $79. It can record at 96khz/24bit and you can import the files into a DAW (digital audio workstation) for editing. Besides the built-in microphones you can plug a "real" microphone into the input jack for a mono recording. The input will also take a line level stereo source. And there is a socket in the back to attach it to a camera tripod!
      Last edited by Steve A.; 12-28-2013, 07:34 PM.
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:
      https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
      X