Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 Peavey Special combo amp question about filter caps

Hey folks,

I bought an old Peavey Special combo 1x12 off EBay and got this in a few days ago. The amp was the most dirtiest I ever ran across but it cleaned up well. The surprise was since it looked to be in storage for many years is that it fired up and played with just cleaning the pots and jacks. Its a good sounding amp for a SS but the question I have is about the filter caps. These are 33 years old and I am wondering if I should just go ahead and replace them? They are working and the amp is quiet at idle so right now I have been playing on it. I did install a Cannabis Rex speaker in it and that sounds good for the combo, good lows.

Cheers

Oh, let it run around a while before you neuter it. Let it wag its tail some.

If it is working, it is working. The caps are no more likely to blow up today as they will in a month. besides, that gives other troubles a chance to show up, so you can service it all at once.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X