Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
    I will recommend F&T filter capacitors.
    Noticeably better sound quality, to my ears.
    He's replaced them with F&Ts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      A Fender combo amp with six tens and four power tubes!!! How cool IS that?
      So - a Twin with 6 tens - OK if you don't have to move it much. I can see why it didn't catch on.

IIRC Albert Collins was fond of these. 'Course, he had a crew to move 'em. Tele thru a couple of Super Sixes & he could drill thru diamond.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        Follow the balance pot adjustment procedure outlined above. Then check the bias by whatever means you like. If it requires adjustment find the 15k resistor on the balance pots tap. Adjust the value of that resistor (as you would normally adjust a bias pot) to adjust the overall bias.
        Originally posted by PaulP Amps View Post
        I use the same method as Mick Bailey mentioned in post #2, but you can also install 1 ohm resistors between cathode and ground. Without modifying the circuit at all, the bias isn't adjustable per se. More than you could want to know about biasing, courtesey of Randall Aiken: https://web.archive.org/web/20130301...m/Biasing.html
        Thanks, I will give that a read and follow the steps listed above. It sounds pretty good to my ears the way it is now, but I am not playing it through the original cab. I have it hooked up to a Peavey Classic 50 (2x12) cabinet wired for 4 ohms.
        My Builds:
        5E3 Deluxe Build
        5F1 Champ Build
        6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Working...
        X