Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for parts for 1970? twin reverb

aloha,

I'm looking to buy this 4" to 5" board (covered in black), that goes across the back of the amp right below the chassis. it's held by 2 screws on each end?
    also a new paper tube chart the one that's originally pasted on the bottom lower left back of cabinet?

since I'm here where can I find where to find and price transformers and a manual for my TW BF? can I get a catalog of these kind of parts or does one have to get them direct from fender to keep everything genuine?

thanx, popoahi

REar cabinet panel, the upper one. I might start by contacting these guys and asking them if they have it. Gave the exact width you need just in case.

Amp Parts, Cabinets, Guitar, Bass, Pickups, Pedals - Mojotone.com

There are other companies that also make amp cabinets.

I suppose they exist, but I have never seen a manual for an old fender amp. They always seemed self-explanatory to me.

As to genuine? That depends on what you mean by genuine. No one sells real 1970 transformers unless you find one pulled from an amp or you manage to bump into one that has been on someone's shelf for 40 years. But fender makes transformers suited to it, and there are plenty of aftermarket replacement transformers. You want it genuine sounding of genuine like collector-original? There are collectors who would prefer an amp that worked crappy or not at all, so long as the parts were all original, versus the practical players who want an amp that sounds good even if some parts are new. Beither is "wrong", it is a matter of what you want.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

A friend of mine has a silverface Champ that came with a small booklet (mostly full of ads for other Fender products) and a small folded schematic in a envelope.

Is there something wrong with the transformers currently in your amp? Many companies make replacements, but if it's not broken...

Though if your amp is actually an 81 or 82 finding identical replacement transformers will be a little trickier.

Comment

Working...
      X