X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronics - Replacing foot switch

Hey, i really hope that somebody can help me

i want to build a deskversion of the Hall of Fame from TC-Electronics
    but as i open the little red box, the mainswitch (foot switch) confused me with his 6 contacts.
    It's not a big deal to get a 6pin flip switch but i need to know whether it is a regular or an momentary switch.

Does someone know wich kind of switch TC-Electronics build in there effects ?

Nowo

The picture on the TC site shows the switch labelled as "true bypass", so it must be a regular type switch, not a momentary.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
      The picture on the TC site shows the switch labelled as "true bypass", so it must be a regular type switch, not a momentary.
      yea that's what i thought, but the thing is: everytime i turn the device off by pulling the powercable and plug it in again the red effect-led turns on
      regardless in wich position the switch was.

Another possibility could be that the HOF allways takes the current position as "active"
      but then my idea with the flipswitch wount work...

idea ??

Comment

Then it must be triggering a relay. There is also a dip switch inside that enables you to change it from true bypass to buffered bypass.
        So it will not be a simple switching arrangement.
        You will need to check the switch with a meter to see if it's momentary or not.
        Sorry to be pessimistic, but if you can't figure the switch out there is no way you will reverse engineer this pedal. How were you planning on figuring out the circuit?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X