Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick intro

Hi All

New here and just wanted to say hello. Started winding recently and just found this forum last week. I'm finding a lot of great info here and hope I can return it some day as well

Talk soon

James

Welcome to the Forum, and drop in anytime.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Where are you in the World? Please update your user information to give the city or region, because many answers to questions depend on this.

Comment

Oops. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Where is "Canada?"

Comment

Looking out my window I'm pretty sure I'm here:

http://milnersblog.files.wordpress.c...tions-hoth.gif

Comment

So Jeeves what pickups are you winding on mostly?
              I'm retired and piddle with all sorts of different pickups.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Right now I'm just messing around to get comfortable with the winding process and trying to wind consistent coils. I started rewinding some junk pickups I had lying around, and recently grabbed some parts and kits from Stew Mac and All Parts to play around with and see what I can do with them. Sticking to those simple Strat pickup and humbuckers kits for now but I'll branch out as I get better.

I'm actually not too sure what the wire is that I'm using. It's 42 AWG, red, and the spool says SNSR. I'm not familiar with that term. I've seen others like HF, PE, etc around here but not SNSR. Could someone please let me know what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeves View Post
                  Right now I'm just messing around to get comfortable with the winding process and trying to wind consistent coils. I started rewinding some junk pickups I had lying around, and recently grabbed some parts and kits from Stew Mac and All Parts to play around with and see what I can do with them. Sticking to those simple Strat pickup and humbuckers kits for now but I'll branch out as I get better.

I'm actually not too sure what the wire is that I'm using. It's 42 AWG, red, and the spool says SNSR. I'm not familiar with that term. I've seen others like HF, PE, etc around here but not SNSR. Could someone please let me know what it is
                  SNSR is probably a form of SP, or SPN.
                  SPN is Single Polyurethane Nylon.
                  The wires used most by pickup winders is SP, or SPN, PE (Plain Enamel), FV, or HFV (Formvar, or Heavy Formvar).
                  The resources Thread has lots of info on parts and wire.
                  http://music-electronics-forum.com/t30228/
                  Also, I agree that kits are the way to go, and the best way to get started winding.
                  Good luck,
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X