keyboard ques.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboard ques.

just saw this thread about the Korg so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a keyboard forum similar to this one???

I'm looking to buy a keyboard that is not just a piano... it must also be capable to sound like a B-3....

I really like the hammond KX-C3 but at $3000.00 plus it's not possible right now unless I'm willing to sleep with the dog!

I've checked out yamaha's, korg, most of the makes but I don't really care for the casio ( i do have a one already) but when I plug it

in to a amp it sounds terrible and it's not sample sounds...the only out chnl is for earphones so that's why I guess it sounds like crap!

so anyone selling one or have a lead I can follow up on???

aloha, popoahi

PS; what the heck,,,, may as well get it all out I'd like to buy a 6 string rickenbacker too......

Originally posted by popoahi View Post
    just saw this thread about the Korg so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a keyboard forum similar to this one???

I'm looking to buy a keyboard that is not just a piano... it must also be capable to sound like a B-3....

I really like the hammond KX-C3 but at $3000.00 plus it's not possible right now unless I'm willing to sleep with the dog!

I've checked out yamaha's, korg, most of the makes but I don't really care for the casio ( i do have a one already) but when I plug it

in to a amp it sounds terrible and it's not sample sounds...the only out chnl is for earphones so that's why I guess it sounds like crap!

so anyone selling one or have a lead I can follow up on???

aloha, popoahi

PS; what the heck,,,, may as well get it all out I'd like to buy a 6 string rickenbacker too......
    Aloha Popoahi, how you stay?
    There are certain Casio keyboards that have a great piano and B3 sound, and still cheap price.
    Casio CTK-900
    Not all of them are like that, only certain ones.
    Yamaha is very good because you can always get parts for it. Should be able to find a used DX9 or DX7? I would look for a DX7.
    yamaha dx 7 | eBay
    DX7 can sound like just about anything. You can load patches from the internet.
    You can do grand piano, Hammond, strings, horns on DX7.
    Shoots! Ask them guys over at Hot Licks Guitars to keep a look out for you. Tell Carlos I sent you. Keep looking bro, you gonna find one!
    What island you on anyway?
    Last edited by soundguruman; 01-25-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Dx7's ARE nice but heavy. I've GOT one! Stopped gigging with it for various reasons but now have a Roland RS5. Small, light, sounds pretty good though the piano is lacking. I use an old piano module that I midi out to for piano sounds. Has 450 some sounds and I use about 6! Anyway, they are reasonable but they ARE a plastic housing. That's what makes them light. By the way, I;m actually a guitar player but play keys about 30% of the time, when not playing guitar or bass(depends on the job). Mike.

Comment

went to easy music asked about the DX-7 but they couldn't help me on that...
        they did have a nice 61 key yamaha with those little spkrs in it but I couldn't get the organ sound that I wanted ... however not enuff time to chk all the features and I think you could download more organ sounds?

was about 699.00 so not to bad,, also a cpl of other brands in the 500.00 range korg and akai?? but they were closing so kicked me out.. they did hve a nice sampling of casio's too... the casio I had started getting sticky keys so gave it away,, shoulda kept the stand though?

so got to go back again but there's hope I can find something not to expensive to fool with.........

I don't know how to really play well so that hammond has to wait till I hve more bucks to spend and practice....

thanks for the help guys,,, popoahi ..............oh, in honolulu..

Comment

Working...
        X