inspiration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inspiration!

I thought I'd share this for anyone who hasn't seen it: the Krank prototype that launched a successful (?) new amp company:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo+3+%u002525282%2529.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	868157

Name:	photo+2+%u002525283%2529.JPG
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	868158

Name:	photo+1+%u002525283%2529.JPG
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	868159

prototyping can get a little sloppy, ya know...

Where's the duct tape and bailing wire?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Kinda looks like the FM radio shack kit, that I built when I was 12.

Comment

Holy crap!.. How's it sound and perform?

Are we sure this is a prototype amp and not some ones hack? I've never made a prototype that looked that bad. How could you even begin to know how to layout a board without causing new problems? Seems funny to me. Not funny ha ha, funny the way old fish smells.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

it MAY be an ebay fake....I hope it is

Mr. Krank has a new outfit, either Stiff Amps or Revolution Amplification

Comment

i don't mind the wiring.

i DO mind the globs of hot glue and silicone RTV.

Comment

Particularly because it seems to be used as the sole mounting stabilizer for much of the construction. I've done some things in my own amps that I wouldn't trust for durability in a customers hands, but I've never done anything like that. It's not that tough to mount a terminal strip or drill a couple of holes for a zip tie. Not ideal but still better than just a sticky gob.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

The original posting of these images stated that it looked like Peter North had a role in the assembly...

my apologies

Comment

He probably would have been better off just to fill the chassis up with concrete.
                  Then they'd have to x-ray it to find out all of his secret circuit.

Comment

I did notice some black marker across at least one caps info!?! I didn't look it over for more signs of obscursion but they may be there.

Comment

So what's the difference from the Bassman 100 platform I am working on? I think mine is still neater.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X