X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLaNZeR View Post
    Hi Jim

Nice suggestions and thanks.

No need to fit anything for hand guiding as the tension arm is lathed down for the manual wire guiding.
    So just jog it into place before putting the machine into manual mode and run your wire left and right.

As long as you make the round bobbin plate balanced right, it should be fine with the stepper motor. Uneven and it can cause vibration and cause the stepper to jam at higher speeds.

Cheers

Sean.
    Honestly Sean, this is an amazing piece of work you've done here! The guys you had providing you input on design did you well. You've almost got me wishing I hadn't built one of my own.
    Take Care,

Jim. . .
    VA3DEF

Comment

I have had a hand full of emails asking if it has a scatterwind routine in the software and tempted in the future to maybe add one.

Was thinking along the lines of a random number generator to just pick a different position on the bobbin for each turn.

But another thought was to maybe allow the user of the software, to set the height of the bobbin and then set the speed. Then control the feeder arm via the cursor keys of the computer keyboard and have the movements record into a script as they move back and forth.

They could then save that scatterwind script if the pickup turned out ok and play it back on the next bobbin also.

Cheers

Sean.

Comment

Any forum members here that own this little machine?
        If so, whats your opinion of it.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X