No announcement yet.

Source for 9-pin (preamp) tube bases???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for 9-pin (preamp) tube bases???

Hey guys,
    I know CEDIST has 8 and 4 pin tube bases, but I'm looking for a 9-pin preamp tube base. I know none of the tubes I've ever seen at this size have separate bases, but I'm looking for something I can use to connect wires to. I want to add a few components between the socket and the actual tube (sort of like a yellowjacket I guess) and I can't think of any way to get the male 9 pin base without cannibalizing an existing tube (and even then, that doesn't sound fun). Any recommendations??

https://www.google.com/#q=9+pin+tube+socket

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Thanks, but that is a female socket. I'm looking for a male base with 9 pins sticking out that can fit into the socket you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by waspclothes View Post
        Thanks, but that is a female socket. I'm looking for a male base with 9 pins sticking out that can fit into the socket you posted.
        Did you follow the link? There are several "socket savers" listed that might fit the bill. The question is whether or not the device can be opened up for modification without breaking it.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Didn't think it was going to be that easy.

Comment

I think these open:
            Search | Antique Electronic Supply
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
              Yes they do. Attached are gut shots. However, the base with the pins sticking out is not an independent sub-assembly which is what I think you want.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tom Phillips; 02-02-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for? I have several available.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0648.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	832307

Comment

Originally posted by scrimpus View Post
                  Is this what you are looking for? I have several available.[ATTACH=CONFIG]27288[/ATTACH]
                  Hi Scrimpus, that looks perfect (especially if it doesn't already come with wires attached). I will PM you about this part, thanks.

Comment

I cant PM you back for some reason. PM me your email.

Comment

Working...
                    X