Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC-15 extra spkr cab

hey guyz,

if I plug in a extra spkr box does it have to be the same ohms as the amp???

I was figuring it would give me more volume with better sound quality?

popoahi

Do you have the one with two jacks- one labeled Extension Speaker and one labeled External Speaker? If so, see page 10 of the manual HERE.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by popoahi View Post
      hey guyz,

if I plug in a extra spkr box does it have to be the same ohms as the amp???

I was figuring it would give me more volume with better sound quality?

popoahi
      Typically, in practically every amp, extension speakers are in parallel with the main speaker. If you calculate the total impedance of the speakers, set the amp's impedance selector properly and - most important - make sure that all speakers are wired for the same polarity (all cones moving the same direction at the same time) then you're doing all right.

There's only @ 15 watts available from your AC15. Use say a 4x12 extension cab and yes you'll have noticeably more bass, and the quality will be whatever the speakers are. Heck I've plugged a 3 watt Champ into a 4x12 with Altecs and it sounds a treat but it will only get so loud. Terrific tone at mosquito volume. There's no free lunch. If you need loud & clean, you need power & that's that.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
        - most important - make sure that all speakers are wired for the same polarity (all cones moving the same direction at the same time) then you're doing all right.
        Oh yeah.
        Make double sure you get the polarity correct.

Comment

Working...
        X