Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Bandit 65 mods, anyone have any good mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Legend V128 in the newer "Red Stripe" Bandit.

Comment

Hey IEP, I know this is an old thread, but I am really interested in the mods you have listed but I am having a hard time understanding what you mean by bridging clipping diodes 5&6 with a capacitor to ground? Sorry I am kind of new at this and don't want to screw up my amp, so could u please explain to me exactly which 2 points are being connected with the 2 legs of the capacitor? Very much appreciated, and anxiously awaiting your response!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderdog View Post
        Hey IEP, I know this is an old thread, but I am really interested in the mods you have listed but I am having a hard time understanding what you mean by bridging clipping diodes 5&6 with a capacitor to ground? Sorry I am kind of new at this and don't want to screw up my amp, so could u please explain to me exactly which 2 points are being connected with the 2 legs of the capacitor? Very much appreciated, and anxiously awaiting your response!
        iep hasn't posted in almost 4 years. Doesn't mean they won't drop in from time to time! You might want to start a new thread requesting such mods, get a few fresh ideas tossed at you. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

The diodes are already grounded at the one end. SO put a cap in parallel with them, and one end will be grounded as well. So essentially, just stick the cap in parallel with one of the diodes.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you, Enzo! Very much appreciate the help. My first instinct was to do it just like that, but then I kept second guessing myself and was worried about messing something up, so I just had to ask to be sure. Glad to hear I was on the right track!

Comment

Working...
            X