Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is JCM900 using the same OT as the Plexi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just did some modding on my jcm900. I have to say that the mod that soundguruman posted is working really great!!
    I have the 4101 1x12 combo. I removed the chassis and I built a wooden head cabinet for it the other day. I am going to try the head as a bass amp.
    It will also serve well as a guitar amp but most use will be as a bass amp.
    I tested the amp in stock form with its el34's biased at 35 mA. The amp is hooked to my 8x10 cab also. The sound was very thin
    on the clean channel so I performed a resonance mod first. It did help with the lows and then I jumped the effects loop with a short guitar cable.
    I was still looking for more lows so I did steps 3,5, and 8 of the mod and now the amp actually sounds really good with my 8x10 cab.The amp really came to life. The amp does not have super thunderous lows or anything like that but it has a nice loud and full tube bass tone. I use an Earth Research 100 watt head normally for my bass. I had just
    replaced the electrolytic caps in it and new tubes in it also. I really like the sound of it but I had the JCM900 sitting there collecting dust in the 1x12 cabinet.I really was
    not very happy with the amp as a guitar amp. The clean channel did not have enough low end for me. Now I think that it will with what I have done so far. I just got finished with the mod and I will try the JCM900 this weekend at our band practice. If anyone knows of anymore mods to bring out some low bass, please share.
    My hats off to soundguruman for the information to bring some life into my JCM900. I haven't used the amp in a couple of years. Now i am going to enjoy the amp finally.
    Thank you!

Comment

Hello!
      I'm a newbie here, and what a fantastic topic here.
      Thanks for all the information, and go on...!

Can you, please, tell me the value of that big R54 appearing on the picture?

Comment

Working...
      X