Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• db technologies Opera 405D schematic

Hi,

I am badly in need for the above mentioned schematic to fix one of my powered speaker that blew up recently. Can someone advise where or how can I get this schematic. May be a Chromo schematic may be help.

Thank you in anticipation

Carlosraj

Hello there,

I have noticed you are talking about the opera 405d.

I own a dB Opera 405d active loudspeaker and it broke.
    The "symptoms" are that the speaker power on just fine. The speakers are working, they're not blown but there is NO sound
    It just stopped playingwhile on a break I was playing some mp3s for the guests. NOT loud or anything
    The service guy told me that it's the circuit board amplifier and it's not fixable
    He said it needs replacing the whole amplifier board and that's gonna cost somewhere from 300 to 500€
    Isn't that a little too expensive when the WHOLE speaker costs around 400 itself?
    I'm just asking in case there is another way, or if the cost is cheaper and the lie to me
    Is there any way I could find somewhere the spare parts, so my speaker is no more useless?
    I am a professional vocalist/guitar player for many years, and the speaker is my tool. I know you understand

Thank you vey much for your time

Comment

As I wrote before, dB Technologies does not disclosure schematics for new
      “digital” amplifiers (Opera xxxD, Cromo x, and so on) even for authorized
      laboratories. Replacing whole module (amp + power supply) is the only
      way to fix it.

If someone would have time to draw a schematic by reverse engineering,
      it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

DB-TECHNOLOGIES OPERA 110
        DB-TECHNOLOGIES OPERA 212 215

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=DB-TECHNOLOGIES&kategoria=&kat2=all
        It's All Over Now

Comment

Absolutely worst case, rather than fully junking it, ditch the electronics part, add 1 Speakon connector (or 2 ) plus a suitable cheap passive crossover and drive it with a cheap power amp.

Just last weekend some guys were playing in the street corner with an incredibly cheap sound system, made out of pawnshop leftovers bits and pieces: 2 RCF plastic 2 way boxes (formerly active, they still had the heatsinks on the back but no knobs or switches, which must have been directly soldered to the PCBs) , one of them had a non original EV speaker, plus 2 similar no name ones, all with 2 added parallel (for linking) speakon connectors, all driven from a couple of cheap "American Power" (who?) $199 "DJ rack amps" ; the only "new" part was a cheap 24/4/2 Behringer mixer and they used chinese SM58 knockoffs.

Guess what? .... their sound was loud and clean

EDIT: just remember to add a socketed and accessible 12V 15W car lamp in series with each horn driver to act as protection; biamping usually protects them from harm, passive crossovers do not.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
          X