Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help Identify this Effects Unit!! Echo Brand Vintage tube tremolo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Identify this Effects Unit!! Echo Brand Vintage tube tremolo...

Hi everyone. I need some help identifying a recent acquisition to my effects arsenol. I purchased a tube effect with an "Echo" logo on it. The effect was described as tremolo, which it is, but I am also able to get amazing tube distortion from the unit. There are two knobs on the top, intensity and speed. Cranking the speed knob to the fastest position produces amazing distortion. There are two inputs, and one output (labeled "to your amplifier"). There is also a "from your footswitch" input, and the 3 position switch (on, off, reverse). Most noticable is the intense volume that this produces, forcing me to turn my amp way down. There is not much to go on here, but I was hoping someone could help me find out more about the manufacturer, and possible date this was produced. This is a great unit, I know very little about it. ANY info would be immensely appreciated. I'm not looking to sell this, but rather, enhance my knowledge. THANKS!!!
    Last edited by folkrock75; 07-21-2007, 06:43 PM. Reason: image submitted twice

Eccho Trem

I saw one about 37 years ago.Who ever had that before, took very good care of it.I would be careful about useing it as a overdrive Dont burn out the optocup.It Looks like one of the same manufactures that made Silvertone or Valco type.The wood on the sides of chassie, Chicago Musical Instrument Co Where did you find it?I need to dig out my 1969-72 Guitar Player mags Very Cool Use NOS Tubes,and get a On-Off pedal.

Comment

I agree, looks like it was made by Valco/Supro. Could have been sold through a catalog house like Montgomery Wards or through jobbers like Harris Teller. I couldn't read the model number, but it might be traceable to a catalog listing somewhere.

Very cool looking!

Comment

Looks like something i ran across a while ago at a garage sale

I think it might be a silvertone echo unit from the 60's?

it looks sweet! the one i saw was much more beat up,
        Have any audio clips? I'd love to hear it in action!

Comment

What's the model #? Little hard to read but it looks like a Valco number.

Comment

Working...
          X