Marshall MG100HDFX Footswitch control circuit problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG100HDFX Footswitch control circuit problem

Hi. The 2 button footswitch tested fine, and button 1 works to switch from clean to OD channel. Button 2 does not switch from OD1 to OD2. The switch on the amp works fine, but there seems to be something wrong in the FS_C circuit.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, that they could point me in the right direction? Thanks.

According to the HDFX manual, the 2 button footswitch will change Channels and turn the DFX On/OFF.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 02-16-2014, 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

So it does...and that's what the button does do, upon inspection, lol.

The pedal buttons are labeled Clean/Overdrive and OD1/OD2. Must be from a different amp. Wow, do I feel dumb :/ Thanks for the info!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pedal.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	832467
      Last edited by Duncandod; 02-16-2014, 01:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Not dumb, misinformed.

That footswitch is for the Valvestate line of amps.

Comment

That's a PED802 footswitch for some valvestates & DSL's. As you know, it will work fine, just the labelling is wrong.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I had identified the pedal as a PED802 and checked the wiring against the schematic. I also busted the amp open and checked connectivity through to the main board.

What I didn't do, as Jazz pointed out with great subtlety, was check the manual or suspect that the pedal was from a different unit.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully my next contribution here will be a little more interesting for you

Comment

Originally posted by Duncandod View Post
              I had identified the pedal as a PED802 and checked the wiring against the schematic. I also busted the amp open and checked connectivity through to the main board.

What I didn't do, as Jazz pointed out with great subtlety, was check the manual or suspect that the pedal was from a different unit.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully my next contribution here will be a little more interesting for you
              Pedal from different unit...
              Bad foot switch cable...
              Happens all he time.
              Check all your facts and model numbers first.
              Don't assume anything, verify instead.

Comment

Working...
              X