Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contessa PA-55R owner's manual or know what the speaker impedance could be. Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contessa PA-55R owner's manual or know what the speaker impedance could be. Thank You

Hi,

I have a Contessa PA-55R that has no identification as to what the speaker impedance should be. There are two 1/4" output jacks. Does anybody have a copy of the owner's manual I could please get or anyone know the impedance?

Thank you for your help.

I had a Contessa bass amp that was built in Riverside ,Ca.
    These amps were distributed by Hohner IIRC.
    I know it's not much info but maybe check out old Hohner schematics etc..........

SG

Edit:

http://bartell.vintageusaguitars.com...nics/contessa/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&g....1.J7C_hpuraNw
    Last edited by sgelectric; 02-20-2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Hi sgelectric,

Thank you for the information. I checked online before I posted here, I can't find the information. If no one knows I'll have to do the output transformer impedance tests and calculate the speaker impedance. I'm just hoping someone knows. Thanks again.

Comment

Not sure if this is reliable information, but to me it implies 8 ohms.
        "Vendo un amplificador Hohner Contessa PA-55R, completamente de Bulbos (4 x 12ax7, 2 x 6L6) de 55 watts de salida. El amplificador es un cabezal, tiene salida para 8 ohms. Cuenta con 4 canales de entrada, y reverb de resorte independiente para cada canal. Los bulbos de poder son nuevos."
        (Amplificador Cabezal Hohner de Bulbos - Alvaro Obregón - Instrumentos Musicales - AMPLIFICADOR DE UN BULBO)
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi g-one,

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I get from that, too. Head unit, output 8 ohm, 4 Channel, independent reverb, tubes are new.
          I saw a picture of a combo unit, it had two speakers and each speaker going to its own jack. So two 16 ohm speakers= 8 ohm load. I haven't seen a 4 ohm guitar amp= two 8 ohm speakers. Thanks again.

I just saw the link! $2500!! Say what!? This amp can't be worth that!! Anybody want to buy it if it is?? HA! It must be pesos?

Comment

Working...
          X