Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb questions.

Hey everybody!

I'm currently building a Weber 6a40 amp. I have a few questions that I'd like to clear up, just to make sure I don't make a mistake. In the layout, the power supply shows tap B, then on the main board "B" has three contact points. Do I just wire from one to the next until all three are connected? Also, My power transformer has a black lead and a white lead instead of two black ones. Would it be better for the black or white to go to the fuse or the IEC socket? Thanks for the help. The rest of the amp is almost ready. Here's a link to Weber's layout that I mentioned.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/6a40_layout.jpg

Thanks!

It's fine to "daisy chain" (jump from one connection to the next) the HV (high voltage) connections. Grounds should be run individually to their termination. Assuming there is a reason for the color coding on the transformer, connect the black lead to the fuse and likewise the AC mains.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Great! Thanks for clearing that up for me

Comment

Working...
      X