Schematic Heaven going away (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic Heaven going away (again)

On there a few minutes ago (webphix) and they had a message that the end of March would be it.

Bummer. Truly. But I have never donated (schematic or monetary). I do visit the site but I've always taken it for granted. Even it's second incarnation after we lost it the first time,. Since I've never supported it I can't really cry about it's demise.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Everything that was at schematic heaven is at the hoffman bbs site. After the last time schematic heaven went away and then came back everyone there grabbed everything and stored it at hoffman.

Here is the link: Tube amp Schematics Index Page

Greg

Comment

Teleport Pro is your friend.
        http://Radiant-Homes.com
        https://www.facebook.com/RadiantRemodelingCustomHomesInc

Comment

I must be missing something, I have gone over there now a number of times and do not see such a message,
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

This is the message.
            Schematic Heaven. Where All Good Amp & Effect Designs Await Resurrection...
            Enzo, Maybe you have another place to get it?
            If so please share.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I've submitted some schems of oddball stuff I've worked on the years.
              It seems I'm always having to fix oddball stuff.

Comment

WinHTTrack works too.
                --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

I went back, refreshed my screen, et voila, same goodbye message.

I went over to the Wayback Machine, a web archive, and among the choices selected Nov 23 2013 at random. I then picked gender, and all the several ,odels I chose opened right up and displayed.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
                    Everything that was at schematic heaven is at the hoffman bbs site. After the last time schematic heaven went away and then came back everyone there grabbed everything and stored it at hoffman.
                    There's certainly a lot at Hoffman! I wasn't aware of the effort to duplicate all the Schematic Heaven info there. Let's hope he can keep it going without any hitches.

God bless you Doug Hoffman and long may you wave!
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Yeah like I said, he has everything Schematic Heaven had a couple years ago, and more because other people have added stuff too. And Hoffman's site is almost always up and not going away anytime soon.

Greg

Comment

I'm sending a big THANK YOU also to vintagekiki who's been posting lots of schemos and links to more of them right here on MEF.
                        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I have downloaded of the schems on schematic heaven. I will be frequenting this site as much as possible. I work two jobs so be patient. But I will try to accommodate all the requests that I can from my collection. Also, you can go to the wayback machine and try to download them if a mirror is available. Good luck!

Comment

This site 'grabbed' most of SH's stuff.

Link: Amplifier Schematics

Comment

I don't think that SH had schematics that couldn't by this time be accessed elsewhere. Part of the charm of the site was it's layout and ease of navigation. I'm not so worried about access to the information. I will miss the site because it was a better and easier place to get that information.
                              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                              X