X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the NAMM show?

I've never been to Austin. I thought it was time

Wish I was

But sadly the money is not here for me at the moment.

Comment

the Austin Show is good...but i would save the money to go to Anaheim in January instead.... unless you have the money for both. The Winter show is the bigger of the two. There are also a lot more vendors and STARS!!!!

I plan to go in january.
      www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

I don't do the summer show. Too small.
        Winter show is the only one worth it.

Comment

I will be wandering around- the shows not too small for me - anyone else ever been to a summer namm? Nashville use to be a blast but austin has a far better club scene

Comment

Yeah, keep Austin weird!!!!!! I mean, like it use to be...

Comment

I'd love to go to either NAMM, but no money, nothing to sell, and no manufacturers to tag along with mean I'm not going.

Comment

How Much?

I mean just to hook up with someone going, I know you have to be invited by a vendor I think. But actual cost, rooms, admission, etc... What would one need to have in their pocket so to speak? I would love to go to meet new people, other winders, look at the latest stuff out there, yadda yadda ...

Comment

I've been to Nashville and a couple of Anaheim shows. Winter is definitely the show where you do BUSINESS. I'm looking for a mini-vacation as much as doing business stuff.

As far as what it costs to go....It isn't open to the public, you have to be a member, which costs about $300 and change IIRC. I believe you are able to sign up at the door with some identifying credentials, and this late, it would be wise to call NAMM and ask what they would accept. You can also(as I am), sorta ride the coattails of a willing member, either vendor or attendee, you just need to work out getting a badge, which at this late date may cost 20 or 30 bucks. Of course, many, many people have attended the show wearing someone else's badge, but that would be...wrong

the main costs are getting to and from, and hotel/travel expenses. It really depends on what kind of hookups you can scrape. With a lot of friends, and compulsive penny-pinching, its possible to fly in and do the whole thing for maybe 300 bucks. I'm probably gonna end up at about twice that but I'm always looking for a way to cut costs! I'm guessing that R.G.'s guest bungalow is spoken for by now so I'll be in a cheap motel, or gutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetfinger View Post
                    As far as what it costs to go....It isn't open to the public, you have to be a member, which costs about $300 and change IIRC. I believe you are able to sign up at the door with some identifying credentials, and this late, it would be wise to call NAMM and ask what they would accept. You can also(as I am), sorta ride the coattails of a willing member, either vendor or attendee, you just need to work out getting a badge, which at this late date may cost 20 or 30 bucks. Of course, many, many people have attended the show wearing someone else's badge, but that would be...wrong
                    I went to the one in Atlanta in 1981 and all you had to have was a business card with your name on it to show that you were in the business. I worked at a music store at the time so I had one. I think they charged you $15 for a badge. Of course that was 25 years ago
                    -Stan
                    ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                    Stan Hinesley Pickups
                    FaceBook

Comment

Working...
                    X