Boss Sd-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Sd-1

anyone know what the popular "mod" is going around for these od pedals? Is it just changing the chip and one of the output resistors? (kinda like the ts9 mod) ?

Hi 496.

Well, i don't know if there's a "known" mod, but i bet the pedal could benefit from one! Big time, i think it sucks compared to a TS9. I haven't tried to retrace teh circuit, but they use the same chip as the TS9, so might be a cheap copy of it! Or i'm could also be talking complete gibberish Imho, try to put a switch bypassing the tone control for mo gain for example. And may be dig a bit on Geo!

Bye.

Max.

Comment

There's really nothing special about the chip in the TS 9. It's just a 4558 dual op amp.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/overdrivespider/SD1/sd1.htm

Just remember it's all salting to someone else's taste. But for the small costs involved, what have yo got to lose? Try it, and deduce how to take the ideas further, if you like salt that much .
        "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think! "

Comment

Here's a mod for the SD-1 that I call the Fool Clone:

D6 - Germanium
          D5 - 1N4003
          D4 - 1N4148
          C1 - .1 uF Metal Film
          C2 - .022 uF
          C3 - .1 uF Metal Film
          C6 - .022 uF
          C10 - 1 uF Metal Film
          R6 - 2.2K

I know that I'll see this all over the place after a little while, from the name you can figure out what "famous" pedal that it sounds like.

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

I just discovered that my mod is very similar to the Indy Guitarist mod. This is pure coincidence. The diode clipping section is different, but most of the replaced parts have the same value. I do change another cap in my mod also.

Maybe it's that "great minds..." thing?

Comment

Working...
              X