Real Time SPICE Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time SPICE Simulation

An exciting take on SPICE simulation, more tube models will be added soon. It is already pretty good for modeling and hearing preamp distortion in real time. You can download the program here.

Please post your feedback to the developer here.

I've been tinkering with spice simulations a while now. From my experience it's hard to make a "pretty good" modelling of tubes amplifiers. Specially if you're modelling a combo with some nifty speaker.

Ehh... I didn't mean to sound like some spoilsport. More positive like, great if someone finally made it. :-)
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

I'll have a poke with this. I've never had much luck with LTSpice for whatever reason.

Comment

OTOH, it might give you an idea whether or not you want to actually build a test run of your hexaphonic parallel triode input, fully differential amp or not. Won't help me much, it's Windows only.
        The prince and the count always insist on tubes being healthy before they're broken

Comment

Originally posted by Zozobra View Post
          I'll have a poke with this. I've never had much luck with LTSpice for whatever reason.
          Why doesn't it serve you well? Were you able to create schematics, simulate, measure freuqency response, etc.?

Comment

I'll have some fun with that, for sure. Even if it's not perfect, it as to be at least a step in progress.

Anyone aware of any limitations, shortcomings or nasty bugz?

Thx for posting jaz.

Edit: My joy quickly turned to tears. It seems to use it's own built-in models making it's usefulness very small indeed. It would be very hard to expand or customize or even fix any model you didn't like. I understand that this may be of necessity but it's a pretty big limitation. Nevertheless, you can still have a lot of fun! Plug in your favorite axe straight in and design your own unique stompbox.
            Last edited by nickb; 03-21-2014, 10:49 PM.
            Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by NateS View Post
              OTOH, it might give you an idea whether or not you want to actually build a test run of your hexaphonic parallel triode input, fully differential amp or not. Won't help me much, it's Windows only.
              Have you tried Csound? It's a Mac-based computer music package. The last version I played with had real-time processing and audio IO.
              If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
              If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
              We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
              MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
                Edit: My joy quickly turned to tears. It seems to use it's own built-in models making it's usefulness very small indeed. It would be very hard to expand or customize or even fix any model you didn't like. I understand that this may be of necessity but it's a pretty big limitation. Nevertheless, you can still have a lot of fun! Plug in your favorite axe straight in and design your own unique stompbox.
                The project is open-source and he does provide the source code, so for those that knows how to program, it is possible to modify and add more models, anyway, it is still in its early alpha stage, so hopefully it will be improved gradually.

Comment

Working...
                X