• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 5150 combor reverb pot

Hi,

Any idea or just a guess what the reverb pot value might be:

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/peavey/5150c.gif

From the parts list, 10k linear. PV part number is 71190336. get it from the factory or any PV parts supplier. It is a voltage divider, so most any value will work. But it is one of their spider pots, so you really want to just get the real part.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!
      I'm actually building one for a friend so I'm not going to need the real part.
      Just to check - all relays as shown are in Crunch mode /RY3 is on, RY1 and RY2 off/?

Comment

Crunch is not a channel, it is just some gain alteration on the clean channel.

AS drawn, clean channel on - K3 on, K1,2 off. Since all three are controlled together, that opposite relation will always be.

Crunch is just a switch, no relays. it alters signal level just before the clean pre control, and also changes the boltage divider at V2A grid.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

My guess about Crunch mode was based on the fact that Switch 2A connects to the 470k/220p combo which means less attenuation /Crunch/ than 2M2/470p.
          In my case it's not of big difference because I made 3 separate channels with their own tone controls and my clean channel is Fender type - I take the signal from V1B directly to R17.

Comment

Working...
          X